Question for those who got recent EAD approvals/renewals

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
My wife's EAD renewal was approved on 01/21 and the online message says something to the effect "we ordered a new card on 01/21/03 and will be mailed to you as soon ready." We haven't yet got it.

Does the online message change after they mail the EAD? If not, how long does it typically take, according to recent experience, to get the card after "card ordered" message?

In my case of EAD renewal, there was no such message - it just said for me that "application approved" and I got card within 4 days of approval.

Any similar recent experience?

Thank you.

Jigesh

Jigesh, I had the same experience,

Yes the message will change when they Mail your card.
It took me about 16 days for the message to change, from
"Card Ordered ...." to "This case has been approved ...if 14 days have passed..." The card arrived 3-4 days later.

For me the message never changed. It still says that after approving my I-765 application they had ordered a new card for me and they would send it to me as soon as it is ready.
I received the card exactly 16 days after the online message said that it was approved. It was quite frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, MGM. You are right - "card will be mailed whenever ready" is kind of un-nerving status message because that way every status could be "will be adjudicated whenever your turn comes."

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with IIO yesterday abt my EAD card. she told me they sent the orders to KY office. It will take max or min (I am not sure on this) 4 weeks from approval , if the machine working properly.

Hope this helps

A few years ago when I first applied for my EAD for the optional practical training, it was very frustrating for me not to receive the card even though about 60 days had passed. So I called the IIO and luckily got a nice person on the other end of the line. He checked and told me that the card was ordered more than a month ago and he will check and get back to me. The next day, (I do not exactly remember if he called or I called him in a number he gave me) I was informed that during the production process my card accidentally fell through a slot in the machine and was lying under the machine all these time. I cursed my bad luck but still considered myself fortunate that they were able to find out about this freak accident so quickly. I got the card within a week after that.

I am in the same boat as jigesh and looking for my card too. Luckily people here are patient and answering all kinds of questions including the trivial ones. Thanks for the feedback.