Question for people who had i485-interiew done recently...

Tata2003

Registered Users (C)
Iam curious to know:
We are family of 4,me,my husband and 2 kids,7 and 13 years old.Iam the primary applicant under law 245i,EB3.We are going to have our interview in NYC next month.My lawyer said that my kids should come with us to the interview.Iam curious to know if they ask questions to the kids too or they are suppose to come with us just because of fingerprints and signatures...I though only kids 14 years and older had to come to the interview...They also had to have medical examination done again,as second time.(they had it done in the begginning of process),Please post your experiences,I am a little nervous...Thanks.

RD:02/01/02
ND:02/15/02
TD to NYC:01/06/03
3EADs,no RFE,no AP.

Hi Tata2003,

I am sorry not in NY but I took interview 2 days back.
I took wife and 10 years old daughter. (interview letter showed 3 names)
Officer never ask to wife and daughter. Only asked to me and only I had oath.
In Hartford, officer did not ask new medical. He used 2.5 years old one.

tangonta

Hi tangonta,

Thanks for your replay.
I was surprised when they asked for medicals again for 4 of us,but, we got it done,we have no choice and we do not want them to have a reason to not approve our case.I asked the doctor "why" and he said that "medical" is good for one year only and some people do medical 3 times until approval,even they are in a very good health condition.They also send us a long list of documents we should bring with us including pictures...and they send 4 interview letters,one for each person,with same date and time.

PS:Our first medical examination was exactly 2.5 years ago.

RD:02/01/02
ND:02/15/02
TD:01/06/03