Question for Jack/anyone else

vandeluca

Registered Users (C)
Can you guys tell me if there is any requirement as well if you are changing your address- Does the USCIS count it as the date they received it? Therefore, would one have to be in the country on that date or receipt or can I just mail it out and then travel?

THanks!
v

For address changes with AR-11, it doesn't matter if you are inside or outside the US on the specific date when USCIS receives it.

Most immigration forms don't require you to be in the US when USCIS receives it ... it's just a few specific forms that have such a requirement, like the I-485 and I-131.

However, for just about every form (regardless of requirement or lack thereof to be in the US), USCIS considers the filing date to be the day they receive it, not the date you sent it.

Thanks for all the answers. After all of that stress, bigger stress came upon us.. My grandfather passed away yesterday afternoon (here in the US)-we were very close to him as was our 6 year old (great child)...I guess he was looking out for us to let us get this all in order instead...