Question for B2 visa for my mother inlaw

goodford4me

Registered Users (C)
Please give me some suggestion, thank you...
Here is my situation. My wife and I got recommended approval in Feb 2005, the status is not change yet. We want invite my wife's mother here for a while. I have a job, my wife is running a store but the store is under my name. So based on all evidence I am the only one making money. So my question comes: Should I invite my mother inlaw or my wife do that? Is there any difference, will officer think there isn't solid financial proof if my wife invite. This is our first time to invite family here,we are a kind of nervous.

Thank you for everyone's help.

goodford4me said:
Here is my situation. My wife and I got recommended approval in Feb 2005, the status is not change yet. We want invite my wife's mother here for a while. I have a job, my wife is running a store but the store is under my name. So based on all evidence I am the only one making money. So my question comes: Should I invite my mother inlaw or my wife do that? Is there any difference, will officer think there isn't solid financial proof if my wife invite. This is our first time to invite family here,we are a kind of nervous.

Invitation is only 10 percent of justification the consulate uses. It depends more on if your mother in law can prove her ties to the country. Knowing that you are about to be an asylee, the likelihood is that she will be denied a visa.

I may be wrong. But the U.S embassy classifies evryone as an intending immigrant when they apply for a visa and its the applican'ts job to prove them that they plan to come back.

goodford4me said:

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE .I DID it .my mom got visa .

SINNERSROOM said:
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE .I DID it .my mom got visa .

Hi SINNERSROOM,

Thank you! Your answer really means a lot to me. I am encouraged. Could I ask you some detail?

Did they ask your mom questions about your asylum? my wife is really want to forget her hard days so she avoided talking about details to her mom. I am wondering should we tell her mom in case US consulate ask that.

Does your mom have strong ties to the country?

Could you tell me something what they asked?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

-goodford4me
-Recommended Approval on Feb 2005, nothing heard then....

goodford4me said:
Hi SINNERSROOM,

Thank you! Your answer really means a lot to me. I am encouraged. Could I ask you some detail?

Did they ask your mom questions about your asylum? my wife is really want to forget her hard days so she avoided talking about details to her mom. I am wondering should we tell her mom in case US consulate ask that.

Does your mom have strong ties to the country?

Could you tell me something what they asked?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

-goodford4me
-Recommended Approval on Feb 2005, nothing heard then....
I WROTE a letter where i stated that iam an asylee. it is too risky to hide your status or presence from US embassy .yes just explain to your mom briefly (dont make her confused ). cause they will definitely ask her .she shouldnt explain everything in details .(brief) as you know it is your privacy ;) nobody will force her to tell everything about your asylum case. in case if they ask to many questions . she should tell them to contact you or your attorney . they asked if i visited her :) they will definitely ask why were u persecuted??
there is a thread which i started 2 weeks ago . i have inlisted all paperwork for invitation . ties yes it is important . family ties ,job(retirement),bank account if she has any ) property. i recommend you to consult with an immigration attorney before sending any paperwork to your mom.

SINNERSROOM said:
I WROTE a letter where i stated that iam an asylee. it is too risky to hide your status or presence from US embassy .yes just explain to your mom briefly (dont make her confused ). cause they will definitely ask her .she shouldnt explain everything in details .(brief) as you know it is your privacy ;) nobody will force her to tell everything about your asylum case. in case if they ask to many questions . she should tell them to contact you or your attorney . they asked if i visited her :) they will definitely ask why were u persecuted??
there is a thread which i started 2 weeks ago . i have inlisted all paperwork for invitation . ties yes it is important . family ties ,job(retirement),bank account if she has any ) property. i recommend you to consult with an immigration attorney before sending any paperwork to your mom.

Thanks a lot, SINNERSROOM. I feel much more confident about my mother in law's visa now. You are the man!

SINNERSROOM said:

Thanks a lot SINNERSROOM, I feel much more confident now. you are the man!