Question Aboutgc

rudo

Registered Users (C)
I am working on filing for my GC.However I have question on section 3 of the I-485 form(Processing information).It asks ,Have you ever before applied for permanent residencein the US?
My situation is I came here in aug'01 applied for Greecard lottery in Oct'01 ,my wife won and I did not.In May 2002 I applied for asylum and got approved in aug'02.My problem is since my wife won and I applied for GC as her spouse do you think when I say I once applied (even though it did not work out as she did not get a visa number) it will raise fingers?Of course I am going to tell them that I applied .The reason for asking for the valuable advice of my collegues is to find out whether I need to consult a lawyer to avoid future problems from BCIS.Anyone had a similar experience.Thank you so much.

Originally posted by rudo
I am working on filing for my GC.However I have question on section 3 of the I-485 form(Processing information).It asks ,Have you ever before applied for permanent residencein the US?
My situation is I came here in aug'01 applied for Greecard lottery in Oct'01 ,my wife won and I did not.In May 2002 I applied for asylum and got approved in aug'02.My problem is since my wife won and I applied for GC as her spouse do you think when I say I once applied (even though it did not work out as she did not get a visa number) it will raise fingers?Of course I am going to tell them that I applied .The reason for asking for the valuable advice of my collegues is to find out whether I need to consult a lawyer to avoid future problems from BCIS.Anyone had a similar experience.Thank you so much.
the bottom line is: you have to say everything to these guys

rudo,

I will highly recommend to consult with a immigration lawyer and discuss your particular situation prior to filing the application. Because a qualified lawyer will be able to help you navigate I-485 application and it may save you lots of unnecessary trouble in the future.

Best of luck,

I think, you have to say it to INS, but explain what exectly happened and show them documents on it. That must be enough for them.

Best regards!