• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

question about poverty limit and bank statement

kamye1

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have a question concerning the bank statement of someone who wants to show own funds as evidence of support and i couldn't find the answer:

Is it 100% or 125% of poverty guideline that has to be shown on bank statement. For instance for one single person, do i need 10400 or 13000 dollars on account?

Thank you so much for answers. :)

Thanks Ptux, i've read this already, that's how i came with the numbers but they talk about the sponsor's requirement for affidavit of support.

What i want to know is in case of no affidavit of support, how much one applicant as to show on his own bank account? 100% or 125% to not be considered public charge?

Thanks, anybody has an idea?

Use the column on the right (125%).

The column on the left (100%) is for active members of the U.S. Armed Forces sponsoring his other spouse or children only.

Hello,

I have a question concerning the bank statement of someone who wants to show own funds as evidence of support and i couldn't find the answer:

Is it 100% or 125% of poverty guideline that has to be shown on bank statement. For instance for one single person, do i need 10400 or 13000 dollars on account?

Thank you so much for answers. :)

There is no minimum requirement for funds that should be available in a bank account. The only rule is "the more the better". Everything depends on the judgement of the consular officer and the procedures in the consular office where you are doing CP.

I am a little lost reading this thread, do you mean that you need to show a minimum of $13,000 saved in the bank account to be eligible. Isn't it the total activity of the bank account which should be that much?