Question about Namecheck

on the same boat!

I had my application sent out in Feb 2007 and have the FP done in early Match and never heard back from USCIS ever since.

After discussed with couple folks on the forum and I finally called the USCIS today. After checked with my A number, Application Number, etc, a very friendly IO lady told me that my case has been delayed and she helped me to pass my file up for a check (not sure whether this is a Namecheck).:confused:

She told me that within 30 days, I should either receive a letter asking me for interview or explanation for delay.

So have anyone experienced the same issue before and what the chance that I will receive the letter for interview. Any shares will be great....:)

I have already waited for more than 9 month and I am really eager about this.

I am exactly in the same situation, I was sent a letter from USCIS after I called and It states that WRONG Application was filed. !!!!!!
Ths is after i went through finger print which I had back in March.

I've been waiting since 2/16/07 (that's when my FP was done)and ever since, it is radio silence........ did a service request 2 weeks ago and got a response in 3 days and of course, it said my case is pending for background check! I doubt if I should do an info pass appointment but I believe I would be advised of the same thing! Anybody who's got a better response from Info Pass than Service Request?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting since 2/16/07 (that's when my FP was done)and ever since, it is radio silence........ did a service request 2 weeks ago and got a response in 3 days and of course, it said my case is pending for background check! I doubt if I should do an info pass appointment but I believe I would be advised of the same thing! Anybody who's got a better response from Info Pass than Service Request?

I don't know where you are, but at my DO, I was encouraged by three IOs whom I was chatting with after my finger printing that I should definitely come in for an InfoPass if I don't hear anything in 3 months. They indicated that they would look into the case as it doesn't take that long for the DO to adjudicate N-400s unless some is stuck in name check - but they were more than willing to assist in researching. I was very surprised by this open and straightforward response by the IOs. They also confirmed my 'suspicions' that all security checks (name check, finger printing, and IBIS checks) are initiated as soon as the files are received.

In short, I would recommend you get an InfoPass - take your N-400 receipt and ask them what is going on. You are close to 1 year of not getting a response I am certain someone will look into your case at the DO.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infopass is only recommended when the outsourced buffoons on the USCIS phone line are unable to provide any information or initiate a service request. In your case a service request resulted in you receiving case status information. You will not get any additional information by going for an infopass. If you are a stay at home mum/not working outside home and have time on your hands, do go for an info pass. Otherwise start writing letters to get out of the name check hole. Do you have a middle eastern sounding name or are from China/India/Russia/Slavic name?

Good luck.

Infopass is only recommended when the outsourced buffoons on the USCIS phone line are unable to provide any information or initiate a service request. In your case a service request resulted in you receiving case status information. You will not get any additional information by going for an infopass. If you are a stay at home mum/not working outside home and have time on your hands, do go for an info pass. Otherwise start writing letters to get out of the name check hole. Do you have a middle eastern sounding name or are from China/India/Russia/Slavic name?

Good luck.

I beg to differ. Unless you talk to an immigration officer at your service center, the NCSC is totally useless. These service requests almost always result in a generic letter being sent out. For example, you could be in the interview queue but will get a service response stating that your case is in "extended review". What does that mean?!

In my opinion, nothing beats an InfoPass, especially if your A-file is already at the local office. I don't have time on my hands, but then again, that is what personal days is for.

What number did you call to? I called one number and all they could say was about my fingerprint and not anything else. Could you let me/us know.

Thank you

I called (304) 625-5590, then options 2,5,3
Lady who answered phone, said that my FP was send back the same day and my case is in namecheck, which is the separate process and that she cannot give infolrmation on that

I called (304) 625-5590, then options 2,5,3
Lady who answered phone, said that my FP was send back the same day and my case is in namecheck, which is the separate process and that she cannot give infolrmation on that

I called the same number twice and they said they are not able to give me any info about my namecheck but my FP went back the next day.

Thank you though.

Local office has "NO" role until your file arrives at the local office after the service center schedules the interview. The file will not be sent until all background checks are done. So if one has already received a service request response that name check is done, an info pass will not add any new information. But if you do go, please post your experience in case things are different now. I doubt very much though. Anyway good luck.

I beg to differ. Unless you talk to an immigration officer at your service center, the NCSC is totally useless. These service requests almost always result in a generic letter being sent out. For example, you could be in the interview queue but will get a service response stating that your case is in "extended review". What does that mean?!

In my opinion, nothing beats an InfoPass, especially if your A-file is already at the local office. I don't have time on my hands, but then again, that is what personal days is for.