• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about my last name/s.

H4MZ4

So I have to two last names, my first last name that comes from my dad and my second last name that comes from my mom. Do I have to put in the entry form both last names in the field "Last/Family Name"? I have reasearched a bit and I haven't found a clear answer, some people say to put both of them like in my passport and some other people say that the field says "Last/Family Name" in singular and that second last names aren't really a thing in the US so I should only put my dad's last name.

How about following the instructions as provided for filling out the entry form and not what some people say? I believe the official instruction is clear enough.

“Name – last/family name, first name, middle name – exactly as it appears on your
passport, if you have a passport
(for example, if your passport shows only your first and last/family name, please list your last/family name and then first name; do not include a middle name unless it is included on your passport. If your passport includes a first, middle and last/family name, please list them in the following order: last/family name, first name, middle name). If you have only one name, it must be entered in the last/family name field.”

SOURCE: DV 2024 Instructions