Question about I-864 (Affidafit of Support) and I-130

mumuyangku

Registered Users (C)
Hello All, I'd like to ask a question for my fiance regarding the affidafit of support.

1. On the affidafit of support form (I-864), can he use the gross income listed on the Schedule C of my 1040 income tax return to qualify him above 125% poverty?

2. Also, I have been living in the USA for 11 years and only occasionally visited my parents back home.

On the form I-130, it asked "Your relative's address abroad: " Should my fiance answer "None" or should he put my parents' address?

Thank you so much all for your help!

mumuyangku said:
Hello All, I'd like to ask a question for my fiance regarding the affidafit of support.

1. On the affidafit of support form (I-864), can he use the gross income listed on the Schedule C of my 1040 income tax return to qualify him above 125% poverty?
Not sure about Schedule C. But you need to use adjusted gross income from your federal tax return. It should be above 125%.

2. Also, I have been living in the USA for 11 years and only occasionally visited my parents back home.

On the form I-130, it asked "Your relative's address abroad: " Should my fiance answer "None" or should he put my parents' address?
Since you are applying for immigration, YOU HAVE an address abroad. That adress needs to be mentioned. If you answer none, how would you explain where you came from?

Thank you so much all for your help!

The address that you refer is in part C of the form that say Information about your alien relative. By relative means you. So you should put where you lived in your home country.

Good luck,