Question about I-485 approval notice and stamp, please help!!!

eetime

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-485 in March and got approval on 12/18. The notice type(on upper right of notice of action) sent to both my wife and me said "approval notice" and to my daughter(6 years old) "Welcome Notice".
The notice to my wife and me said we should go to New York local INS office to have our passport stamped, fingerprinted and two photos. But the one sent to my daughter just said "We will mail you a new Permanent Resident Card, you should receive it within the next 3 weeks"
Today my wife and I went to New York city INS office and a lady(not very nice) insisted that we still need to bring our daughter\'s passport and photos to get her green card. It made us very confused. Anyone who has such experience or knowledge please tell us which one tells the true story, INS notice or local officer. Thank you very much for your help.

about your kid\'s stamping

my case likes yours, but I didn\'t go to INS office yet, and I\'m going to INS office next week. I want to know whether they want your kid to go to INS office in person, or you can just bring her passport and document to INS office.

I-485

Folks,

Does any body has the following info.

- I wanted to inquire once EAD card and Travel Documents are approved how much time it takes by vermonts service center to send them.

- Does vermont service center call for an interview at local INS office for AOS for employment based petitions or there is no interview condcuted

Please reply very urgently at tw7861970@yahoo.com

No Title

hi Budy,

My I485 is under process at VSC and EAD and travel docuemts are approved.

What is next step is there any interview or no interview just stamping is done on passport.

reply at tw7864319@yahoo.com

No Title

hi Budy,

My I485 is under process at VSC and EAD and travel docuemts are approved.

What is next step is there any interview or no interview just stamping is done on passport.

reply at tw7861970@yahoo.com

eetime - I am in the same boat

Please send a e-mail to dosa29212@yahoo.com

I would like to talk to you.

Mine and my wife\'s have approval notice and for my son it is welcome notice. I am confused too. I didn\'t went to local INS yet. I am planning on Monday (01/07/02). Please send a mail with your phone number or send a blank mail, so that I will respond with my phone number.

I dont think you need bring your child if he or she is minor

You just need to bring the passport and photos.

eetime, lkjh.

What has happened to u guys regarding child\'s approval notice is normal. You don\'t need to go for your child\'s passport stamping, but INS officer\'s comment surprises me. However, people generally take their child too for passport stamping, because in some cities the card takes more than six months to arrive. So in meantime, if u need to travel outside US, than your child is stuck.
I would suggest to take your child for stamping solely for above reason.
Cheers.

Thanks CM S

I don\'t think she has enough knowledge to handle it. and what made me upset is even some "supervisor" of INS did not know it too. Since I was confused, I asked a guard and he suggested me to go to 3rd floor to talk with an supervisor, after waiting 1:40, a young lady looked the notice, then took it to somewhere, when she came back, she said something that I thouhgt very rediculous. She said it was NOT Approval notice, I would receive another approval notice soon! I pointed out the first line of that notice said this case is approved but she insisted that I would receive another approval notice. I gave up and left. By the way, do you have any idea how long it takes in New York city INS office to get card? Thanks again for your help.

got my son\'s passport stamped as well

Went to local INS office with my son and my wife.
Even though, my son has a welcome notice, insted of approval notice, they did all the formalities to him also, took finger print, have him signed the form, took away his AP etc.,
Hope this helps