• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about DV2016, 2017...etc

MNDS

hello,
i have applied for DV2016, can i apply for DV2017 next year and so on?
do i have to wait for specific date to reapply,

thank you in advanced for your replies

Last edited:
hello,
i have applied for DV2016, can i apply for DV2017 next year and so on?
do i have to wait for specific date to reapply,

thank you in advanced for your replies

The registration system only opens for 1 month for each year. There are private companies that will take your money to do the registration for you, but it us a bad idea to use them.

I already know that, i mean can i reapply the next year , and the rest of the question is above, thank you

May 5, 2015 you will know if you will be a selectee for DV 2016.

DV 2017 will probably start around early Oct next year. If you are not selected you can just apply DV 2017. If you are selected but you have a high number then don't hesitate to apply it.

You can apply.

There is no restriction on who can apply. I have my green card and I could apply! Pointless , but nit a problem.

Great help thnx but i got one more question,

What do you mean by high number,

And how can i tell if my number is high or not

please check the previous threads to find out.
the threads like "useful statistic links gathered in one place"

on https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ website they say :

"DV-2016 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 5, 2015. The DV-2016 registration period opens on October 1, 2014, and closes on November 3, 2014. DV-2016 Entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2016"

does that mean not all Applicants would see if they win or not in May 5th? and should keep checking until June 30th 2016???

would you please explain it..

thnx

on https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ website they say :

"DV-2016 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 5, 2015. The DV-2016 registration period opens on October 1, 2014, and closes on November 3, 2014. DV-2016 Entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2016"

does that mean not all Applicants would see if they win or not in May 5th? and should keep checking until June 30th 2016???

would you please explain it..

thnx

In previous years (prior to DV2014) there were around 100k winners selected and then a small second batch of winner were notified later (sometimes called a second draw). However DV2014 and DV2015 had too many selectees already so a second draw is unlikely/impossible.

hmmm, so its possible not all applicants would see the results in May 5th 2015!

Well you are talking DV2016, and that would depend how many winners they select and notify in the 1st draw. If they reduce the selectees announced to ~100k then yes, there may be a second draw later.