Question about Citizenship Interview

NYCArrival

Hello,

I will need your help!

1. My wife and I are scheduled for a citizenship in a month however we will be in overseas and coming back for the interview. Will it be an issue if I come a day or two before the interview?
2. I have been working in overseas during the last month and on the day of the interview I will have worked abroad for about 3 months. Will this be an issue?
3. I sponsored my wife for her green card during my employer. If I decided not to come for the interview, she gets her US citizenship can I maintain my green card based on the fact that she is a US citizen or I will lose it and will have to reapply if I decided to come back to the US?

Thanks in advance!

1) I am usually the one who asks a lot of questions here, but if I can give you an advice I don't think you should try to come different time than your scheduled time. I think you can do early fingerprint walk-ins but not interview, if it is a big issue for you I would try to reschedule it.

2) Are you working for a US company? Is the job/assignment overseas going to terminate in a near future? Nobody can tell you whether that will be an issue or not, but generally if it is an open-ended full-time job overseas an anal IO may construe that as a lack of intent to live in the U.S.

3) You may lose your green card simply by abandoning your U.S. residence regardless the citizenship of your wife. If she eventually becomes a USC she can sponsor you a new green card. But are you willing to go through the hassles and paperwork again? I guess you'd have it easier if you just stayed put for a few more months before you receive your US citizenship.