Question about case transfered to local office

scasl

My asylee based I485 transfered to local office on 1/23/07, I know it probably means I will be interviewed. But until now I didn't receive any notice from that office. So I want to ask those guys have case transered to local office how long you get interview notice after the transfer. What I can do to inquire my case?

My asylee based I485 transfered to local office on 1/23/07, I know it probably means I will be interviewed. But until now I didn't receive any notice from that office. So I want to ask those guys have case transered to local office how long you get interview notice after the transfer. What I can do to inquire my case?

you will get interview notice within one month

Do you think we should call the local office or make a infopass to check our case's status.

My case was transferred to the local office on Dec26, about a week later i've received the letter by mail stating that the interview is scheduled for Feb.22nd.

I would say wait for the letter beacause you are going to need to bring that letter to the interview along with the documents they request in the letter. My advise - read the letter carefully and make sure that besides the ducuments they ask ( they are checked on the 1st page), you check with the list of the ducuments on the 2nd page. As for me - they didn't ask specificly for my birth certififate, but it was on the list and i was asked for it during the interview. Just bring every possible piece of paper and see if they need anything. Good luck.

Thanks for all reply.
I have a further question. what will be the processing time frame for transfered case? How the local office treat this kind case? Is it based on transfer date or not? For example: my transter date is 1/23/07, but my local office currently process 09/06 I485. So, do I need to wait for the processing time reach to my transfer date?

AS far as my case went though i didn't check for processing date in my local office, the case was transffered on Dec.26 '06, interview took place on Feb.22 '07, I-485 approved on March 9 '06, but the trick is that it will take a lon time to get the acual GC if you are approved through the local office. :(

Thanks for all reply.
I have a further question. what will be the processing time frame for transfered case? How the local office treat this kind case? Is it based on transfer date or not? For example: my transter date is 1/23/07, but my local office currently process 09/06 I485. So, do I need to wait for the processing time reach to my transfer date?

you will get interview notice at any day now, be patient

dont worry about the processing dates in your local office,

you will get approved during the interview and you will get the card within 2
to 3 weeks

you will get approved during the interview and you will get the card within 2
to 3 weeks

Not a fact - looks like the cases that are going through the interview are being processed manually and the time for getting the actual CG may take up to 6 months since the date of approval. I'm trying to figure out how long does it take to get you status updated.