Query About H4 Visa Re-stamping

Aalok Sharma

Hi,

I have a query. I have a H1B visa, which was issued on 08-Nov-2012 and is valid till 30-Sep-2013. Currently I'm in USA. My wife has a valid H4 visa, which was issued on the same date as mine (i.e. 08-Nov-2012) and is valid till the same date as mine (i.e. 30-Sep-2013). My wife came recently to US for a short duration (for about 32 days), and then she went back to India on 25-July-2013. Currently she is in India.

My employer has already raised a request for my visa extension, and I hope that I will receive my visa extension approval notice sometime in coming September month. If my visa gets successfully extended, then my wife will quit her job in India sometime in October/November and will then come to US to stay with me permanently (i.e for long term). Since my wife's current visa will be expiring in this coming September end, she will need to get her H4 visa restamped first, before coming to US in October/November.

Recently a friend told me that there is a condition which states that in case a person having H4 visa does not permanently shift to US the first time itself, then that person faces problems during re-stamping of H4 visa, and there is a chance that person might not be issued the visa again. Can you please tell me if there exists any such condition ? or is it just plain false ?

Thanks in advance !

H4 Visa Mumbai Stamping

My family (Wife and two daughters) are planning for vacation to India. I am having valid H1B till March, 2015 and my family is having valid H1B till March, 2015. Will there be any issues in stamping in Mumbai? What all documents they need to carry for stamping.