Qn. on Form I-134 (Visa petition for wife: Answer yes?)

jjjet

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am filling out the Affidavit of Support (I-134) to sponsor my mother-in-law for a visitor's visa to the US (Chennai consulate). There is a question in the form: Have you submitted visa petitions for anyone: If so, mention name, relationship and date when submitted.

I got my green card a couple of years ago (EB1-OR). When I filed my I-485, I filed an I-485 for my wife was as well. Does this mean I filed a visa petition for my wife? So, I guess I should answer 'yes' in that space and mention my wife's name.

Any input on this issue is appreciated. Thanks

jj jet

P.S: Has anyone answered yes to the qn.? Any comments on
how it affected their visitor visa application? Thanx.

Affidavit of support

JoeF,

Thanks for your quick response. I agree with you that my wife signed and filed her own 485.

So, I am a little puzzled now. She has a green card, based on my (EB1-OR) application, but yet I have technically not filed a visa petition on her behalf. What do you think.....

Thanks

Jj jet

thanks

Hi JoeF,

Thanks for your explanations. I do think they sound right.
I guess one cannot file an I-140 unless one is already a
PR (for wife) or a citizen, even if one wanted to; and I and my wife got our PRs simultaneously.

Thanks a real lot for your quick responses (actually, in
my case, there was a great degree of urgency since
I had already sent out the I-134 and marked 'No' on it.).

jjjet

P.S: I used to practically live in this forums back in '99-'00 timeframe, when I was waiting for my 485 (took 2 years). A real life-saver this forum was and still is.....