Qeustions regarding moving to another state after applied for citizenship

muddin1

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I am going to apply for citizenship from Atlanta in May this year, but for some reasons, I have to move to Cincinnati, OH, after a few months. Do you how long it would take for TSC to forward my application to NSC? I called INS and TSC but they won\'t tell me anything. Please let me know if you have any clue. Thanks.

Better apply in Nebraska

What I came to know from Atlanta is that it is the slowest INS service center for N-400.

file the N-400 at a service center

if you wish to become a US citizen, you must file the N-400 with a service center. That center will maintain processing until the application is scheduled for interview, when the application will be sent to the district office accomplishing the interview. when an applicant moves, he/she must send a change of address notice to the service center processing the application. It is a recommended to include a copy of the INS receipt notice with the change of address notice.

No Title

What I understand about this case is that, you can go ahead and file in Atlanta if your relocation is still going to take 2 or more months after the actual time you are qualify to file. Soon as you relocate, you can actually call INS customer service number (I mean their 800 number) there and then they will go ahead and change your address for you and that will be it. If on the contrast you are going to be relocating a month after the time you will be filing your application, I will suggest that you should file after you relocate. Hope that helps.
    I just want to know, What number you called when you called texas Service Center and exactly what time of the day did you call them? I have been trying to reach them for months on this number 12143811423 and I have not been lucky one time to talk to anybody from this Center. The line has always been busy.
Thanks

file at the Southern Service Center

Actually, Atlanta is part of the southern service center\'s jurisdiction. N-400s for folks living in the Atlanta District are filed at the Southern Service Center. Once the applicant moves to any other location, the applicant MUST send the service center a notice of change of address. (ALWAYS send written notification to preserve your legal rights!) If the jurisdication changes (as in a move from atlanta to cincinatti), after 3 months in the new location, the jurisdiction changes automatically and the new district office can schedule the interview for the nearest location.

I almost never call any service center directly, preferring the national customer service line: 1-800-375-5283. I have had only minimal difficulties getting through. I can usually get through in about 10 to 15 minutes: AT WORST. normally i get a ring first time.