Q22 in I-130

dragon12345

Registered Users (C)
In "Q22 complete the information below if your relative is in the united states and will apply for adjustment of status". Should I just search the USCIS site to find the field office cloest to my zip code and put the city there? Thanks!

I thought the answer to this is where you will mail the package to, so I answered Chicago, IL.

How about, in the same Question, if also asked "If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status....", do I have to answer by putting my home town's American consular post? Thanks a lot!

On the question, "If your relative is not eligable..." we left it blank. However, on the question of what is your relative address outside the US we put down my wife's parents address, because I was told by USCIS Call Center not leave anything blank. Even though we did leave that one question blank, it didn't stop us or cause any problems.

I found this information somewhere else. I think I will follow:

Not everyone is eligible to adjust to immigrant status in the US, so they're hoping you'll save them the time to look it up if you're not. Plus, if you get it wrong, they'll send the petition to the nearest USCIS office rather than one of the embassies overseas, and you and your relative will lose considerable time waiting for them to figure it out. So, believe it or not, it actually is for your benefit to answer that question accurately. If they ask you for the city and state, then yes, you have to put it down. Why wouldn't you? Some states have more than one USCIS office and again, you wouldn't want them to send the petition to the wrong place.