Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

I didn't get any yellow letter. But most of the times, all they ask in yellow letter is to get Driver's license, GC and some times tax transcripts. I think it is sent by local DO whereas the IL is sent by NBC.
_

Oh, ok. Thanks for that info. I will still bring with me a list of documents that other people bring (tax transcripts, etc.).

Devi

But the 800# told you that you are in queue for interview on 7/9/2009. Right? Instead of IL how did you get a CFR? That means they were referring to the CFR on 7/9/2009 or it sisde by side they are scheduling your interview? Mu husbands file is picked up for interview on 7/9/2009 after he got a CFR on 7/3/2009. We are still waiting for the IL even after 2 weeks past. I don' know if it makes any diffrence by calling them and checking as all the times they have the same answer.

Thank you! :)

No, the CFR only mentioned driver's license and greencard. Did your mention tax transcript??

But the 800# told you that you are in queue for interview on 7/9/2009. Right? Instead of IL how did you get a CFR? That means they were referring to the CFR on 7/9/2009 or it sisde by side they are scheduling your interview? Mu husbands file is picked up for interview on 7/9/2009 after he got a CFR on 7/3/2009. We are still waiting for the IL even after 2 weeks past. I don' know if it makes any diffrence by calling them and checking as all the times they have the same answer.

I don't think IL & CFR have anything to do with each other (other than telling us that the case is being processed), since they're issued by two different offices.

The second IO I spoke to earlier today told me to call back if I don't get the IL in a few weeks so they can notify the DO office. She said she couldn't do it just yet since it is still within the timeframe.

Devi

I don't think IL & CFR have anything to do with each other (other than telling us that the case is being processed), since they're issued by two different offices.

Devi

Yes. They are issued by two different offices (NBC and DO) and are independent of each other.

New citizen

I went back to look at my passport, 7/20/98, exactly 11 years ago, was the first time I got my Visa to US. And I still remember pretty well how long that day was, and how exhausted I was after 10 hours waiting. 11 years is not short in a life journey -- so many things happened since I came to the US.

Here are my experience today:
My wife and I had the same appointment time at 8:40am. At 8:20 we were at the security check point. To my surprise, there was't too many people in the line. I was under impression that the line could be as long as in the airport. I dropped off my interview letter at the second floor information desk and was told to wait for my name to be called. There were 60+ people already in the room. and you can tell there came from everywhere in the world.

The agent came out calling for interviewee every 1~2 minutes in average, so the line moved quickly. I guess they had a lot of interviewer. My wife was called in at 8:35, mine was a bit late, around 8:45. My interviewer was a nice lady. The process was as simple and straightforward as I could ever imagine, she checked my (PP, GC, DL), reviewed the N-400 form, 6 civil questions, read/write test -- and that's it... didn't ask any questions that required me to even think a second... She didn't actually say anything about passing the interview, but "do you have time for the ceremony today?", (sure that will be great!), "I think they still have open slots at 11", (that's even better!). So at 9:00 am I was out from the interview room, and I saw my wife already waited me in the lobby. She had the same result as I did.

We were told to come back at 10am to check in for ceremony. The ceremony detail is pretty much the same as someone mentioned in the "experience" thread, I had the same location, so no need to repeat here. At 11:30am we were out as US citizen - finally, 11 years since we first came.

We went nearby post office to apply for passport. For the people who have the same office (Washington DC/Fairfax), you can use the Merrifield Post office, only half mile away from the USCIS office. They have copy machine so you can make a copy of your certificate as the original one needs to be mailed along with your passport application.

That's all - comparing with my green card, H1B, F1, this is the best experience I had with the INS/USCIS. As the director said in today's ceremony, one of the best things of being citizen is we don't have to come back to see them again!

Good luck to everyone!

USC09 Finally received IL...scheduled for 9/1/09, almost 3 months to the date of FP.

Wow, Congrats!
Your wait is over, at least until the interview is done.

Your timeline was very similar to mine, except that I just received the Yellow Letter a few days ago. I'm hoping I'll get the IL soon.

Devi

Yellow letter received today for self, dated 07/15. It mentions to bring DL or State Issued ID

nice_guy_gc:

I see our timelines are pretty close even though we have differents D/Os... Congrats to you on your wife on having your ID already scheduled and Best of Lucks to you both! :)

Tampa District Office (DO)
05/28/09 : N-400 Sent via USPS Express Mail® to TSC (Texas Service Center).
05/29/09 : N-400 Received.
05/29/09 : Priority Date.
06/01/09 : Check Cashed ($675).
06/01/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA) Date.
06/05/09 : NOA Received.
06/13/09 : Fingerprints Notice Received.
06/25/09 : Fingerprints Appointment - Done per schedule!
07/16/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Date.
07/19/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Received
08/26/09 : Interview Date (ID).
**/**/09 : Oath Letter (OL).
**/**/09 : Oath Date (OD).

Just got my IL. I understand Fairfax DO does same day Oath's... I will be less than 7 days from my 5 yr mark on my interview date (Perm resident since 7/30/04)... anyone had the experience taking oath before the 5 yr mark? Is that possible or do I have to wait until 7/30?

Also, the letter asks me to bring Selective Service Registration proof.. Do I just get a print out from the Selective Service web site?

Local DO Washington Field Office - Fairfax, VA
07/30/04 Green Card
04/30/09 UPS N400 to Lewisville, TX (Day 0)
05/01/09 Application Package Rec'd at Lewisville, TX (Day 1)
05/01/09 Priority Date (Day 1)
05/05/09 Cheque Cashed (Day 5)
05/05/09 Notice Date (Day 5)
05/08/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA (Day 8)
05/13/09 I-797C Fingerprint Notice Date (Day 13)
05/16/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice (Day 16)
05/19/09 FP done (Walk in) at Alexandria ASC (Day 19)
06/05/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled (Day 36)
06/15/09 Interview Notice Date (Day 46)
06/18/09 IL Rec'd (Day 49)
07/22/09 Interview Date (Day 83)
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Rec'd
XXXXXXX Oath Ceremony

Hello ridiculos,

wish you all the best!
let us know what happened ? Expect to post the successful story here --

thanks!!

Passed Interview...but no Oath yet.

I passed my interview today. My appointment was at 9 AM, I showed up at 8:30. I got called in around 10:15.

The officer went through the application asking several questions on the application. I mentioned speeding tickets (that I did not list on the application), he asked what they were (100$ fines etc) and said not to worry about them. He gave the written/reading and the 6 questions and I passed.

He was ready to give me a oath appointment for the same day but I pointed out to him that I will finish my 5 yr mark on 7/30/09. He went to his supervisor to check if he can give me oath today (7/22). He came back after a few mins and said they cant do it today and I will get an oath letter in the mail. He aplogized that he didnt catch the issue before he offered me the oath.

He also mentioned that all the supervisors got an email recently from the CIS counsel issuing guidance about oaths before the 5 yr mark. They are not allowed to give oaths unless you pass the 5 yr mark.

Anyway, I am happy to put the interview behind but back in the waiting game. Hope to get the oath letter soon.

Local DO Washington Field Office - Fairfax, VA
07/30/04 Green Card
04/30/09 UPS N400 to Lewisville, TX (Day 0)
05/01/09 Application Package Rec'd at Lewisville, TX (Day 1)
05/01/09 Priority Date (Day 1)
05/05/09 Cheque Cashed (Day 5)
05/05/09 Notice Date (Day 5)
05/08/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA (Day 8)
05/13/09 I-797C Fingerprint Notice Date (Day 13)
05/16/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice (Day 16)
05/19/09 FP done (Walk in) at Alexandria ASC (Day 19)
06/05/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled (Day 36)
06/15/09 Interview Letter Notice Date (Day 46)
06/18/09 Interview Letter Received (Day 49)
07/22/09 Interview Date (PASSED ) (Day 83)
08/24/09 Infopass Appointment to check status (Day 116)
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Rec'd
09/24/09 Oath Ceremony (Day 147)

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering... My husband applied for a modified oath since it's against our religious beliefs to go into the army. Has anyone heard or know if that is what might be causing the delay for the interview appointment?

He was ready to give me a oath appointment for the same day but I pointed out to him that I will finish my 5 yr mark on 7/30/09. He went to his supervisor to check if he can give me oath today (7/22). He came back after a few mins and said they cant do it today and I will get an oath letter in the mail. He aplogized that he didnt catch the issue before he offered me the oath.

He also mentioned that all the supervisors got an email recently from the CIS counsel issuing guidance about oaths before the 5 yr mark. They are not allowed to give oaths unless you pass the 5 yr mark.

were you based on family 3 yrs rule or general 5yrs rule?

I have the same question. But it is more pertaining to just bearing Arms. I had my interview yesterday and I said no to question 37 for willing to bear arms. They have asked me bring a letter from the Temple stating that my religious beliefs do not allow me to bear arms and that I am a Active member in good standing. Anyone else with same issue and has any answers???
just wondering... My husband applied for a modified oath since it's against our religious beliefs to go into the army. Has anyone heard or know if that is what might be causing the delay for the interview appointment?

I have the same question. But it is more pertaining to just bearing Arms. I had my interview yesterday and I said no to question 37 for willing to bear arms. They have asked me bring a letter from the Temple stating that my religious beliefs do not allow me to bear arms and that I am a Active member in good standing. Anyone else with same issue and has any answers???

I am also not willing to bear arms or to do anything related the military. I provided a letter from my congregation as well as an article that describes our faith's beliefs about bearing arms. In the past, this was sufficient for others from the same faith.