Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Congrats to those of you who got your letter. I'm still waiting. :( I'm really hoping that it will come so soon.

Pips, Did you try calling the customer service number? Ask for a second level rep. and enquire about your case status. They can tell you if your name is completed or not and whether your case is being put in interview queue.

Good Luck!

@Houstonian - yes the ASC is pretty easy to find, I just used the directions from Google Maps since I'm not familiar with Sugar Land, and they were precise. Just look for a long, large standard beige mall, right of center of it is the Application Support Center. It was easy to spot, since all the cars were parked over there at the time I went... sure you will find it just fine... good luck!

Pips, Did you try calling the customer service number? Ask for a second level rep. and enquire about your case status. They can tell you if your name is completed or not and whether your case is being put in interview queue.

Good Luck!

Yes... called and all they said was that there were no problems and to just wait.

It took 10 days to receive our interview letter after our finger print.

I have a quick question. My wife and I both receive the interview appointment on the same day. Are we going to be interviewed separately?

Thanks in advance.

It took 10 days to receive our interview letter after our finger print.

I have a quick question. My wife and I both receive the interview appointment on the same day. Are we going to be interviewed separately?

Thanks in advance.

YES. Even if you have the same time appointment, you will be interviewed separately.

DO-Houston,TX

07/13/09 NOA-wife and me
07/19/09 FP letter rec'd-both
08/05/09 FP appt-both
08/05/09 FP completed-both (very helpful folks at AOS SugarLand)
00/00/09 IL-wife
00/00/09 IL -me
00/00/09 ID-wife
00/00/09 ID-me
00/00/09 OL-wife
00/00/09 OL-me

Last edited by a moderator:
Journey Over

Hi all,
Well, interview was today and all went well!

Arrived at 12.25pm at the Mount Laurel, NJ Office for a 12.55pm appt. Ample parking and very easy to find.

Handed in appointment letter and sat down to wait. At 12.55pm promptly I was called in (before my husband). The Officer was very nice. He had me stand for the oath to tell the truth. He asked me for my GC, DL and passport. Went through section by section of my application, very quickly. Asked me about a previous marriage, whether both of my kids were fathered by my husband. Didn't ask for any other documents. Said he wasn't interested in the speeding ticket.

Apologized for me having to do the English test (Im from the UK). He asked me to read the sentence "Who can vote?"
Asked me to write "Citizens can vote"

Questions for the Civics Test were if I remember rightly:

What group of people were taken to America to be sold as slaves?
Why did the Colonists fight the British?
Name of the VP?
How many Justices on the Supreme Court?
Who makes laws?
What Territory did the US purchase from the French?

He filled out a paper to say I had passed, then gave me an appt for the oath at 3.15pm

I was out by 1.05pm. Husband was called in at 1.15pm, he was out in similarly short fashion. He was quizzed on my previous marriage - he had a copy of my divorce decree absolute, that was fine. Hubby said they checked my app with his app, to make sure everything cross referenced.

Came back at 2.45pm for the oath. At 3.15pm the ceremony was very efficient but moving. The staff were all great, very kind and enthusiastic. I had a lump in my throat. We were all done by 3.45pm.

I can't believe it. We are all done. The endless hoop jumping culminates in a very pleasant way. I wish our whole journey had been as well executed as the citizenship interview and oath.

I'm going to get appts for the passport tomorrow.

Sending appointment vibes and good luck vibes to everyone still in the process. Keep the faith and may all your troubles be little ones. :)

Just received IL today!
06/25/09 Notice Date
06/26/09 Check Cashed
06/29/09 Received Receipt Notice
07/06/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
07/17/09 Fingerprint Walk-In
07/25/09 Fingerprint Appointment
08/06/09 Received IL letter
09/11/09 Interview scheduled Date

Good luck Pips!

I bet one of the questions will be "What happened 9/11/2001?" :) Good luck!

That is so True!! :p Well, I would pray for the ppl who died in that attack all went to heaven. Also, my appointment is at 12:30PM. I hope the IO won't get hungry while interviewing me.

BTW, do everyone get the Yellow letter? What is that for mainly?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so True!! :p Well, I would pray for the ppl who died in that attack all went to heaven. Also, my appointment is at 12:30PM. I hope the DO won't get hungry while interviewing me.

BTW, do everyone get the Yellow letter? What is that for mainly?

Yellow Letter (or case file review - CFR letter) lists the documents you need to bring to the interview. This is sent after reviewing the case thoroughly. Most of the times, all it asks for it driving license, etc. They may ask to get more documentation such as IRS transcripts if there are issues with continous residence etc. Not everyone will get this.

@Toonarmy - Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your experience... we all hope to have interviews like that!

@WishAllGood - so far I didn't get the yellow letter (I got a white letter N-659 in the IL envelope - is it the same thing?) - doesn't seem to be consistent whether people get it or not...

A quick question

Does the IO ask the civics questions or hands out a printout? Do we have to verbally answer them or write the answers?

Thanks

DO-Houston,TX

07/13/09 NOA-wife and me
07/19/09 FP letter rec'd-both
08/05/09 FP appt-both
08/05/09 FP completed-both (very helpful folks at AOS SugarLand)
00/00/09 IL-wife
00/00/09 IL -me
00/00/09 ID-wife
00/00/09 ID-me
00/00/09 OL-wife
00/00/09 OL-me
From my guess-it's all verbal