Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

I went for the interview about 5 weeks back and passed. I have not received my Oath Letter. I applied in Orange County, CA

How do I call the IO and get the Oath Date?

Thanks

You can try calling 1-800-375-5283, but you are not likely to get through to a 2nd level unless you are fortunate, or choose to use one of the techniques listed in the threads (basically bending the truth to get to an IO). Instead of getting humiliated by the USCIS telephone staff, I just waited it out (I wasn't comfortable with making up other stories to get an IO).

Alternatively you can make an INFOPASS appointment and ask about the status in person. At 5 weeks, they are likely to just give you the run around and have you wait for at least 90 days. Hope that it arrives soon for you.

You can try calling 1-800-375-5283, but you are not likely to get through to a 2nd level unless you are fortunate, or choose to use one of the techniques listed in the threads (basically bending the truth to get to an IO). Instead of getting humiliated by the USCIS telephone staff, I just waited it out (I wasn't comfortable with making up other stories to get an IO).

Alternatively you can make an INFOPASS appointment and ask about the status in person. At 5 weeks, they are likely to just give you the run around and have you wait for at least 90 days. Hope that it arrives soon for you.

waiting 120 days is no more. As per recent posts by rangav, kcchief..the wait time shouldn't be more than 45 days between Interview and Oath now as Obama signed a new order to this effect...check the postings by rangav and kcchief..couple of days ago.

waiting 120 days is no more. As per recent posts by rangav, kcchief..the wait time shouldn't be more than 45 days between Interview and Oath now as Obama signed a new order to this effect...check the postings by rangav and kcchief..couple of days ago.

Can someone point out any link to the news that is being mentioned on this forum about Obama signing a new order about wait time not to exceed 45 days between the Interview and Oath. I searched for this order on whitehouse.gov as well as uscis.gov, but could not find it.

During the Oath ceremony Immigration officer announced on the mic about this new order from Obama. He mentioned this as the reason for asking us to travel 175 miles from our DO. I don't have any link to point to.

Can someone point out any link to the news that is being mentioned on this forum about Obama signing a new order about wait time not to exceed 45 days between the Interview and Oath. I searched for this order on whitehouse.gov as well as uscis.gov, but could not find it.

The 45 day is written in 8 CFR 310.3 (d). It is specific to judicial oath ceremonies, and states that the Federal court has exclusive authority to perform judicial oaths for a period of 45 days after they have received confirmation from the USAG of an applicant successfully passing the interview and recommended for approval.
After the 45 days have passed, the Federal courts no longer has exclusive authority and must seek it anew from the USAG. I suspect that there was a backlog of judical oath applicants and that the USAG grew tired of the practice of having to renew authorization, and that the DOs affected were sent directives to set up judical oaths no matter how far away they were from the DO.This would explain a judical oath being 175 miles away for rangav.

Hi All,

I just finished my interview. Original Appointment was at 12.30 PM. I reached the JFK Building (Govt.Center, Boston) at 12.05. I was asked to take the test at 12.10. Test consisted of 6 simple questions , 1 Oral test and 1 written test. I was asked to go another room where I had my interview with the Interview officer. She was pleasant and went over some questions on the application form. She asked for my drivers license, GC and Passport - that's all. She told that she was approving me and asked me to wait in the main Hall. The interview lasted for 8 minutes. It was over at 12.30.

After a PAINFUL 35 minutes wait, I was called by a lady around the corner in the Hall and asked to sign my name on the photograph. I was little nervous because my full name has 32 letters. But, she asked me to write on the side of the picture - on the blue/white background. She then handed over my oath letter and congratulated me.

Thanks all for sharing the information! My best wishes for folks waiting for the interview!

GOD BLESS SHRI.Rajeev Khanna!

Timeline:
03/01/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX - Lockbox facility
03/05/09 : Mail received
03/05/09 : Priority Date.
03/11/09 : Check Cashed.
03/12/09 : Notice Date.
03/15/09 : NOA Received
03/24/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
04/04/09 : FP Done at Portland Street, ASC - Boston
04/10/09 : Interview letter received
06/02/09: Interview Date Location-Govt.Center - Boston
06/23/09: Oath Date Location- Lowell Memorial Stadium, Lowell

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I just finished my interview.

Congratulations!!!

So you seem to have had three phases in the interview - Civics test, N400 questions, and photographs signing and Oath letter - all by different persons.

Thats strange - mine was done by one IO, except the Oath Letter, which was handed by the receptionist.

Anyway, alls well that ends well.

Thank you PrithiS, AbsRao, Thomas and Ranganathan.

I guess the cat's outta the bag now! -- ha!ha!ha! - good one Tom!

Interview passed!

Hi All,

My wife and I attended our interviews yesterday at San Antonio. My interview was quite straightforward. The only document requested was my birth certificate, but she eventually found a copy in my 485 papers.
She quickly went over my employment history after getting the PR. I had actually forgotten to mention one company (i had briefly worked for them) in the form and she entered it in herself!
Some of the 10 civics questions were
1. Name 1 state that borders Canada
2. How many senators are there?
3. Who is your state senator?
4. Name one branch of the government
5. When was the constitution written?

etc etc.

Now waiting for the oath letter and ceremony.

03/10/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/12/09 : Mail received
03/12/09 : Priority Date.
03/19/09 : Check Cashed.
03/17/09 : Notice Date.
03/21/09 : NOA Received
04/06/09: FP Notice Received ( I-797C) (4/17/09 @ San Antonio).
04/11/09: FP Done at San Antonio (walk-in)
04/25/09: Interview Letter received.
06/02/09: Interview Date (completed at San Antonio!).
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Will update as when the Oath letter arrives. Good luck to all!