Proving employment eligibility

stevphel

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was approved on 3/31/05. Got letter in the mail today.

The online message says that my card has been ordered but I have not been instructed to go for passport stamping.

My issue: my H1-B expires on 4/29/05. My employer has asked for proof of employment authorization by then or I won't get paid this month.

Is the adjustment letter proof of my employment eligibility if my card doesn't arrive by the end of the month or should I try to get my passport stamp? Is the passport stamp proof of employment eligibility?

Any help greatly appreciated.

stevphel said:

The online message says that my card has been ordered but I have not been instructed to go for passport stamping.

My issue: my H1-B expires on 4/29/05. My employer has asked for proof of employment authorization by then or I won't get paid this month.
--------- take infopass, take your I-485 approval notice and go for passport stamping from local USCIS and provide the employer copy of the passport page with stamp and fill I-9 form
Is the adjustment letter proof of my employment eligibility if my card doesn't arrive by the end of the month or
should I try to get my passport stamp?
--YES
Is the passport stamp proof of employment eligibility?
--YES

stevphel said:

Is the adjustment letter proof of my employment eligibility if my card doesn't arrive by the end of the month or should I try to get my passport stamp? Is the passport stamp proof of employment eligibility?

gc

Hi, Stevephel:
I think your passport stamping would be enough. But, if you have not been instructed to go locally for passport stamping, would the local office stamp your passport?
Thanks,
Shail

shail

That was what i was thinking. I have not been invited to have my passport stamped - there is no mention of it on my approval letter.

However, I just got an email that my GC has been mailed today so I guess all of this is academic now. I should receive the GC in the next couple of days.

It seems that if the biometrics are on file then the CSC will just automatically order the card and bypass the whole passport stamping process.

My I-485 was approved on 3/31 and the card mailed 4/6 - exactly one week!

gc

Stevephel:
Congratulations, man!!! You are going pretty fast.

I got my I485 approval on 03/22/05 and the approval letter says that they will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in 120 days. There is no mention of card order or passport stamping. On web site, there is no update on the status, it just says that this case has been approved.

I never got any email.
What do you think about my GC? Probably, I just need to sit tight for 120 days.
Thank you and enjoy your freedom.
Shail

Fp Code 3

shailendra sing said:
Stevephel:
Congratulations, man!!! You are going pretty fast.

I got my I485 approval on 03/22/05 and the approval letter says that they will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in 120 days. There is no mention of card order or passport stamping. On web site, there is no update on the status, it just says that this case has been approved.

I never got any email.
What do you think about my GC? Probably, I just need to sit tight for 120 days.
Thank you and enjoy your freedom.
Shail

I got my card with in a week of 485 AD, no passport stamp