• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

proof of fund

sam252

Registered Users (C)
dear friends:

How much cash is acceptable to show if I have no sponsor???
does they consider house or land as a part of the fund??
for those who have experience and clear answers please advise me...

about 22K for one person, 26K for two. i'm not sure about non-cash assets, though. probably a more knowledgeable person will come by

Sometimes in some countries they don't even ask about fund or sponsor, it's all depend on the consular mode, if you are well educated with good career maybe you don't need both, and in some countries they force them to bring I 134 Affidavit of support, and some they just ask about good amount of money and in some countries like egypt they don't ask about any thing, as I told you it's depend on the conular judgment, hope you have nice person to interview you :)

Houses, cars, etc. don't count since the Consulate or USCIS is not in real estate and doesn't check if the house is right out owned or has a mortgage on it. On top of that it can now take months or even more than a year to sell the house and only money that can be spent to get through the first few months until a job is find, count.

If you own your house out right it might help to take proof of that to the interview just as if you are already in the USA and you have health care bring the proof with you. It all comes down to the interviewer and if that person thinks you might become a liability to society and that is something they want to avoid.

As a previous poster stated...some or maybe most were asked for proof or a I-134 but some were never asked but you don't want to end up not having it if they need it because it will cause a delay in your case since they will put you on administrative process which can takes weeks or months.