Processing times

gc_retrogress

Registered Users (C)
So why are they not releasing processing times, everything has to be slow with uscis.

Man sometimes I think if they did not have computers what would be their productivity?

I didn't get meaning of " releasing of processing dates" , I would be thankful if you could explain in detail.

Do you have any idea why they are not approving EB-2 current applications beacause I don't see any approvals in TSC.

Thanks

goudpmk

did you read about uscis data migration plans. they havent computerised all the applications. so they have to do both (paper & computer). once they fully use it, of course, computer will be confused and say NO more work.

What is going on with TSC?

Any possible hypothesis on why they have been holding off these times - other than to hide their sheer incompetence, dysfunctioning and laziness!

Finally

They decided to release the processing times. It's amazing how "slow" NSC works. They moved a whole 8 days for EB3 from March 22 to March 30.
And then the unskilled workers are already at July 6, so they have priority over people that have degrees such as NIW, Nurses, Professional, People with extraordinary ability. How in the world is that possible?
Texas is for everybody in I-140 at either July 23 or 24.
Not sure what those people @ NSC are doing.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC

immigration-law website mentions that they have put EB-2 India and China on hold. I guess they would not want to see too many happy people. Man what are they going to do with EB-3 india.

immigration-law website mentions that they have put EB-2 India and China on hold. I guess they would not want to see too many happy people. Man what are they going to do with EB-3 india.

I think that they did that because there are a lot of people with older PDs , wich were backloged for no reason , that's why they put on hold those cases , and now their attorneys are suing big time the USCIS ( mine it's one of them ) !!! I think that USCIS must respect their rules as posted : PRIORITY DATES - FIRST RULE , and EB CATEGORY - SECOND RULE , Everybody else ( like desperado140 ) has to WAIT ON LINE , like it suppose to be !!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem waiting in line. My PD is actually from the beginning of 2004. It's just that there are a lot of people with later PD's that get approved and they keep on bumping us back and forth.
I have been in this country legally now about 18 years. Another year or two would not kill me.

I think that they did that because there are a lot of people with older PDs , wich were backloged for no reason , that's why they put on hold those cases , and now their attorneys are suing big time the USCIS ( mine it's one of them ) !!! I think that USCIS must respect their rules as posted : PRIORITY DATES - FIRST RULE , and EB CATEGORY - SECOND RULE , Everybody else ( like desperado140 ) has to WAIT ON LINE , like it suppose to be !!!;)

How do you feel about 2008 GC aproval?

Talking about priority dates? Those people has no sence of that. They are approving 2008 cases.

Finally update

They updated the processing times. It now reads August 31, 2008, instead of July 31, 2008.

I-140 dates for EB-3 are now July 24, 2007 instead of March 30, 2007.
What a jump!!!!!!!!!!!

18 years...

I have no problem waiting in line. My PD is actually from the beginning of 2004. It's just that there are a lot of people with later PD's that get approved and they keep on bumping us back and forth.
I have been in this country legally now about 18 years. Another year or two would not kill me.

Hi - Desparado140...

I could not control my feelings & that is why i ask...

18 Yearss.. without a GC... I thought i was worst (close to 10 yrs) & I am really fed up. Feel like going back.. Could i know what holds your hopes up? How do u really get motivated? Do you hv children who are knowing about what immigraiton means?? Thanks

I have stopped worrying. I figured out it's not worth the hassle getting sick. USCIS has it's own agenda and we are the victims to say the least.
Stress is everybody's worst nightmare.
I came to the US on J-1 in 1991. My husband the same. I went thru all the legal channels in applying for a HSR-waiver to change visa status when my husband got a job and applied for H1-B.
Employer filed GC papers in February 2004.
So you see INS (now USCIS) and I have a long love/hate relationship, which includes numerous fee increases and other headaches.
But I do not let them dictate my life. I know it's easier said than done, but you have to try to live your life as "normal" as possible, if "normal" even applies to us.

Ok ppl after mid-november as per new uscis communication memo reased Oct 21 2008, those of us whose priority date is current and processing date is also current even by one day can open SR request. No monkey business of waiting for 30 days anymore....they also confirmed no more waiting for FBI name check stuff also. They wanted those receipt numbers so that they can approve. What the heck...can't they find out themselves...not a single EB-3 India approval since many days...what are they talking about. Ppl who release these statements are not aware of what ppl do with our applns.

However this will be effective after mid November meaning right before thanksgiving...meaning even for getting SR request answer we have to wait in queue..they will start mainting a new processing time for that one.

:cool:

Ok ppl after mid-november as per new uscis communication memo reased Oct 21 2008, those of us whose priority date is current and processing date is also current even by one day can open SR request. No monkey business of waiting for 30 days anymore....they also confirmed no more waiting for FBI name check stuff also. They wanted those receipt numbers so that they can approve. What the heck...can't they find out themselves...not a single EB-3 India approval since many days...what are they talking about. Ppl who release these statements are not aware of what ppl do with our applns.

However this will be effective after mid November meaning right before thanksgiving...meaning even for getting SR request answer we have to wait in queue..they will start mainting a new processing time for that one.

:cool:

Not sure if the new system was rolled out or not but gave it a try anyway. My 140/485 receipt day is 8/10/2007. 485 is still inside the processing date but 140 is out just 5 days (currently 8/15/2007). I'm EB2 ROW so I'm supposed to be "current". I asked my lawyer and said she didn't know about this new system. She tried to get SR for 140 and said USCIS "hesitantly" took it. Good news is they didnt make me wait 30 days but never specified whether that was standard procedure now. We'll see.