processing time in new york city as spouse of citizen

mag

Registered Users (C)
does anyone know the processing time to get the ead card, the alien number, the card interview? i filed my application to local new york city ins with my husband sponsoring me.

i send in the app early feb, got a receipt feb 11, no notice yet, got a appointment letter for ead card on Jun 5, this is unbelievably slow. can i get my ead card at the interview on june 5?

what else should i expect

No Title

Hi Mag

Have you applied for your EAD with your I 130?
What is your current visa here?

I am also in similar boat.

Sudha

I am in the same boat. As a US Citizen, I applied for my wife\'s green card in NYC on April 2, 2002 - this included EAD as well as Advance Parole (I-131).

As of April 20, all I have received is a receipt ticker for the fees.

The INS hotline in NYC said that it takes about 3 months to get both the EAD and the Advance Parole.

Good luck! Please keep posting as your case progresses -- it helps set everyone\'s expectations.

Got my EAD Interview Call

Hi,

Today 5/1/02 I got the interview call for EAD on 6/24. No receipt notice yet.........

EAD

I am not sure about NY, but in Newark, NJ office they give you EAD same day on EAD interview date. I was caught by surprise when they asked me they will take photo for EAD and I was just dressed casually. Anyways, I am guessing in NY as well, they have same procedure.