Processing time at USCIS, please give input.

lagran77

Registered Users (C)
Whats the average processing time for final J1 waiver approval from the USCIS in Vermont after a favorable recomendation by DOS?:confused:

Hi J1seeker, it seems we are in the same boat, please share with us when you get news from USCIS.
thanks.

Hi J1seeker, it seems we are in the same boat, please share with us when you get news from USCIS.
thanks.

Hi lagran77,

I called the USCIS Vermont Service center. After talking to 4 different people who had no clue how to help me, I then asked for my receipt number which I was given. I subsequently checked my status online and was told that the I-612 was sent to my address but was returned because it was undeliverable. I don't know how this happened because I haven't moved yet and my name is written on my mailbox. So they promised to send me the I-612 by August 11.

I tried calling USCIS for getting my receipt number but spent over 20 mins in automated message limbo..Can you give me the number you used to reach Vermont Service Center and what steps you went through to reach a live person ?
Much thanks...

I tried calling USCIS for getting my receipt number but spent over 20 mins in automated message limbo..Can you give me the number you used to reach Vermont Service Center and what steps you went through to reach a live person ?
Much thanks...

I called 800-375-5283

Just try to follow prompts that lead you in a direction that says you dont know you receipt number. If you do - you will finally be directed to a customer service agent. These customer service are tricky....one day you will meet someone who is nice and helpful - then the other time you will meet someone who is rude and unhelpful. If you meet someone who is unhelpful, keep trying and finally you will reach someone helpful. Tell them your story and tell then you dont know your receipt number and tell them you need this number to check your online status. If you are lucky you will be directed to someone in the J1 waiver section and they could give you the receipt number.

Good luck.

Good job J1 waiver-seeker!

Hi J1waiver seeker, that was a great news!!, congratulations!, the
I-612 is the final j1 waiver approval??
Please share with me the time frame between the DOS favorable
recomendation and the date the USCIS sent you the I-612.
Please go and celebrate!

Hi J1waiver seeker, that was a great news!!, congratulations!, the
I-612 is the final j1 waiver approval??
Please share with me the time frame between the DOS favorable
recomendation and the date the USCIS sent you the I-612.
Please go and celebrate!

I think what they sent me was a notice of receipt (notification that they received my favorable recommendation from DoS, and that they will be reviewing my case and that I will know the outcome within 3 months or something like that)...I am not sure if its the j1 waiver itself.

However, it has been one month and 2 weeks after I received a favorable recommendation from DoS. However, my favorable recommendation came very fast (within 2 weeks of me submitting everything)

Whats the average processing time for final J1 waiver approval from the USCIS in Vermont after a favorable recomendation by DOS?:confused:

I was told usualy atleast 4-6 wks for j1 waiver approval , but mine got approved within 3 weeks . ( I never got receipt notice from USCIS jut the final aproval)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the timeframe for getting the final decision from USCIS is different from what I have read here. But I got mine exactly 20 days after DOS send the fav. recommendation to USCIS. So just be patient and try to get your case number by calling the USCIS. You just need to keep trying because sometimes you get to talk to somebody who doesn't have clue about anything!!
Good luck to all of you.