Problem with Desi consulting co. - H1 Transfer

qj123

Registered Users (C)
I am in a weird situation. I got laid off a month and a half ago. To keep myself in status and start looking for a project, I spoke to a desi company to see if they will transfer my H1 and when I find a project they can bill the client for me. I knew the owner and kept this arrangement verbal not anticipating any problem. Now that I have found a project, I have been leaving these guys messages to finalize the arrangement and they just would not get back to me. My joining date is getting near and am now looking at an alternate option. The H1 transfer is still in process but we have received the receipt. My last paystub which has severence mentioned on it was on Nov 30, 03.

1. Can I get my H1 transferred to another company even though a receipt has been received by this company? I am ready to file premium if that would help.

2. Can I use this paystub which mentioned severence on it. My last 4 paystubs have severence mentioned on them. Can I use them?

Please help.

How do you know that the case was really filed?

Severance pay technically does NOT continue your status. On an H-1B a person is admitted to work and severance pay indicates prior termination, not continuance of work.

I am going to ask for the Receipt notice tomorrow.

a. What is my status if the case was filed?

b. What is my status if the case is not filed?

Q