Probability of filing NIW

Some_GreenCard

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus,

P. advise on my probability of filing NIW.

Iam a System Analyst - working on Mission Critical - Governor's initiative project for past 4 years on contract.

Due to budget contraints, state is planning to hire me full time , sine iam on 7th year extension based on pending labor at Philly BEC and this will not allow my h1 transfer. The dept i work as consultant has been chasing local senator, but senator's office informed it will take time with Philly BEC due to the heavy data entry work.

Now State department is looking on other possibilities (PERM is impossible due to date retrogression) like filing in NIW with all recommendation letters from Bureau head & also from CTO office. Iam planning to get some recommendation letters on projects that i worked earlier. Other than this i have won couple of awards being in this project (these awards are given by State for saving tax dollar money etc). I have 10 years IT experience and just have bachelors degree.

Gurus, do you'll forsee any positive thing happening or is it total waste of my time. If anybody thinks this might workout, please share any advise that i should follow before filing.

Thanks
SG :)

MA equivalent?

Can you qualify for NIW if you have a credential evaluation that demonstrates your education and experience are the equivalent of a MA? I am in this boat. I am fairly well known in my field (senior center services-a case for national interest can certainly be made), have won state level awards, have several state and national conference presentations, have completed several peer reviews, am president of my state association (elected), a delegate to my national association (appointed) and the co-chair of our national accreditation board (appointed). I have a BA. This, and the fact that it is not a research based field, are the only things holding me back from applying.