Priority dates announced EB3- 01 jan 2002 -china,india,philippines

Does that mean current EB3 pendings whose PD are later than Jan 2002 will have to wait? Or it only affects new applications?

I hope USCIS will atleast now look into old filer cases like me. No offense meant to people with more recent priority date. I guess everybody agrees with FIFO..

Does that mean the Processing Dates of 5 SC expired?

If PD moves back to Jan 01, 2002, what about the processing dates published by USCIS, where we see NSC at May 31, 2002, does that still work?

For example, my PD is Feb 02, and maybe after two months it becomes current, can I call NSC to ask or they are processing my case? What if they again use excuse that they are still processing I485 with RD/ND of May 2002? but mine is June 03.

What a big mess USCIS has created!!! This organization is a complete failure, and biggest joke. They dont follow their rule, and whenever it accumulate to huge problem, they change rule. So disappointed.

PD 02/18/2002
I140/I485 RD:06/26/03 ND:06/30/03
I140 AD: 10/14/03
I485 AD: ?????????

quail said:
If PD moves back to Jan 01, 2002, what about the processing dates published by USCIS, where we see NSC at May 31, 2002, does that still work?
The processing dates published by USCIS still works. The priority dates is (released by State dept) different from USCIS processing times. The criteria for assigning the files to officers is in this order.
1.Priority date
2. ND

For example, my PD is Feb 02, and maybe after two months it becomes current, can I call NSC to ask or they are processing my case? What if they again use excuse that they are still processing I485 with RD/ND of May 2002? but mine is June 03.

They will say that based on the above criteria for selection of files for processing. I think itis fair if they follow FIFO. I hope everybody gets their fair share in this journey.

What a big mess USCIS has created!!! This organization is a complete failure, and biggest joke. They dont follow their rule, and whenever it accumulate to huge problem, they change rule. So disappointed.

This is nothing new. Its just that coz of AC-21 law lot of unused numbers for previous years (1999 - 2000) were made to rollover as there was no rollover possibility by law before that. Before AC-21 law lot of people had to leave the country who had even their I-140s cleared just because their priority date was not current. We are atleast lucky enough to file 485 or 7th yr H1 and stay in this country.

PD 02/18/2002

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a priority date?

http://www.lawyers.com/lawyers/A~1001909~LDS/IMNIGRANT+VISA.html

Q: What is a “priority date”?
A: The priority date, in the case of a relative immigrant visa petition, is the date the petition was filed. In the case of an employer-sponsored petition, the priority date is the date the labor certification was filed with the Department of Labor. The Visa Bulletin -- under the Visa Services homepage -- gives the changes in availability of priority dates.

[B]Does this mean that PD is NOT the date of i140 filing date, but the day ETA750 was filed?[/B]

Please suggest.

Arvnet

arvnet said:

A: The priority date, in the case of a relative immigrant visa petition, is the date the petition was filed. In the case of an employer-sponsored petition, the priority date is the date the labor certification was filed with the Department of Labor. The Visa Bulletin -- under the Visa Services homepage -- gives the changes in availability of priority dates.

[B]Does this mean that PD is NOT the date of i140 filing date, but the day ETA750 was filed?[/B]

Please suggest.

Arvnet

My understnading is that till the time your I140 is not approved, PD is your I140 ND or RD. Once it is approved, it is your labor filing date. In case it is a substitue labor it is I140 date but some member in another post has indictaed it is still the substituted klabor filing date. With NSC you have to be lucky to get approval. All these dates have only theoritical values.

arvnet said:

For the purpose of I-485 Employment cases, the priority date is the LC filing date with SESA (state agency) if I140/I485 applicant is the direct beneficiary of LC. If the I140/I485 beneficiary's LC is not required for I-140 benefit sought (example EB NIW)then his/her PD is RD of I-140. Based on this the alien beneficiary's PD gets officially assigned after the I-140 is approved. You can see the PD in your I-140 approval notice to the right of the -140 receipt date column. Also, Priority date (PD) is always alien based and hence if you got your labor approved from a different company or same company and never used it for I-485 upon I-140 approval, you can always request that older PD be considered for your new substitution o(or direct labor) of different company, provided certain conditions are met.

As a thumb rule, Priority Date is the Date when YOU (YOU- emphasized) officially start the GC journey (LC filing date) and is assigned when I-140 is approved. period.

The employment category (EB1, EB2, EB3,..) does not come into play for assigning of PD . But for filing and approving I-485 the PD and EB category comes into play.

Please suggest.

Arvnet

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding...

sunks said:
My understnading is that till the time your I140 is not approved, PD is your I140 ND or RD. Once it is approved, it is your labor filing date.

I thought PD depends on your category. In other words, if you did not file for Labor Certification (i.e. EB1 or EB1-OR), your PD is the date in which USCIS received your I-140. However, if you had to file for Labor (i.e. EB2 and EB3), the PD would be the date in which the Department of Employment Securities at your residing state received your Labor application. However, I can't say this for certain. I would have to refer to the esteemed gurus in this forum for their final answer (gosh, don't I sound like Regis or what?)

Japanese

quail said:

PD 02/18/2002

I thought about this too.

After Jan 1, they can't adjudicate a EB3 case filed before Dec 31 04 until the priority date for that case becomes becomes current. I wonder how many EB3 members in this forum have a priority date that is earlier (or after) than Jan 1, 02. Someone should do a poll.

Friends

I made a quick investigation of progress of previous priority dates (Jan,2001) and guess what! It's really encouraging But not sure what happens this time though But let's keep our hopes and faith high

See below:

Date Priority Date

Jan - 2001 ====> March - 1997

Feb - 2001 ====> May - 1997

March - 2001 ====> September - 1997

April - 2001 =====> Feb - 1998

May - 2001 =====> July - 1998

June - 2001 =====> Jan - 1999

July - 2001 =====> CURRENT (since then it's current till today)

By this rate i.e.became current from 4 years back in just 6 moths??? Can we expect the same now?? - I know the most general answer - NO

Please share your ideas - seniors.

My case details:
PD: April,2002
140 AD - 10/13/04
485 RD - 10/31/03

sbolla67!!!
Its true that from Jan 2001 PD dates moved fast. The reason AC-21 law was passed around Oct 2000 and according to the new law the previous unused 1999, 2000 fiscal year quota (130,107 - for more info see visa bulletin notes) was rolled over (Prior to AC-21 law usused visa number could not be rolled over) and hence from Jan 2001 the PDs moved very fast. Now that since most of the available quota is used up, I guess this time around it would move very very slow.

PD JAN-04 : When shud I expect 485 to be processed ?

Hi Gurus,

Does any body have any idea (if someone has taken lawyer's opinion) as to when a person with PD JAN-04 expect his 485 case to be processed.

Labor Filed : 20 Jan-04
Labor Approved : Jul-04
140/485/EAD : Oct-04

Thanks Guys
MM

mastmastana said:
Hi Gurus,

Does any body have any idea (if someone has taken lawyer's opinion) as to when a person with PD JAN-04 expect his 485 case to be processed.

Labor Filed : 20 Jan-04
Labor Approved : Jul-04
140/485/EAD : Oct-04

My guess is probably 1.5 years from now.

Thanks Guys
MM

Here is my info

PD : Jul-09-2001
Labor AD: Apr-11-2002
I-140 RD: May-23-2002
I-140 AD: Sep-26-2002
I-485 RD: Jan-21-2003
1-FP DT: Mar-08-2003
2-FP DT: Nov-30-2004
1EAD AD: Apr-16-2003
2EAD AD: Dec-18-2003
3EAD AD: Nov-16-2004

Question

Sorry to be so dumb guys.

But they say PD is the date you apply for LC (EB case) at DOL.is that state DOL or Federal DOL .actuayl when we file ofr LC it first goes to state department and then to Federal. so what date is the PD?.

Thanks in advance.