primary approved, dependent (minor child) waiting

stonewall

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was approved 3 weeks ago. My daughter (who turned 14 since we applied for adjustment of status) received RFE for biographical information issued on February 18. Response to USCIS was sent and their confirmation was received by e-mail on March 1st (text: we have received etc. etc.,... it takes 500-600 days for processing...but it may be processed in a shorter time than stated in this message. You will receive a written dexcision."
Our lawyer thinks that my daugher is probably now waiting for fingerprint appointment (since she was never fingerprinetd being less than 14 years old until a few months ago). I have called USCIS customner service today and enquired about this. Their response was that it may take 1-2 years for my daughter to get approved, but maybe less than that (maybe 2 months but maybe not...). In case that we travel abroad, he said, she should have AP but they do not guarantee she can come back to USA with AP. All in all we cannot travel to visit our family (we have not travelled abroad from USA since 2001) - so my green card does not mean much under these circumstances.
Does anybody have similar experience with dependant child (derivative applicant) having been left to wait (and how long?) after the primary applicant was approved.