Previous Employer not giving Experience Letter

humanbeing123

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I have 7 yrs of experience. 2 yrs back i joined my current employer.
My current employer is filing GC on EB2 on condition that I should get experience letter for 5 yrs before joining current job.

I do have experience letters for 4 years and 7 months but the problem is that my previous employer is not giving experience letter for 8 months which i worked for him. My attorney is saying to have letters for 5 yrs to file on EB2. I could not get experience letter from past employer but i have offer letter he gave me, my W-2 form and all 8 month paystubs. Will that work?
Is there any substitute for Experience letter ?

madad karo bhai logo.

Thanks

Not sure on this one, but I think you have to have experience letters. Why is your employer resisting? Were you on the bench?

hi

You can also get an exp letter from you co-worker for that period who had worked with you it also works, ask you attorney.

Thanks,

The experience letter can be issued by your supervisor during the time of employment. Depending on the company, it need not be from the employer (HR) itself.

In fact, it can be on a plain letter, a letter head is not required. It should be written by your supervisor and should have all his/her contact details; that's all.

problem is that my previous employer was a consulting firm and i was placed at client location. what do you mean by supervisor? client?

The only other substitute for an experience letter would be an affidavit of support, and the requirements are very similar -- it still would have to be on company letterhead, dated, signed by someone higher up in the company than you, indicate your job title, dates worked from/to, and would need to be sworn in front of an appropriate party (i think at the secretary of state).
You need to have the full 5 years documented - your attorney is right.
I'm sorry for you, that's not a situation I envy.
Good luck.

humanbeing123 said:
Folks,

I have 7 yrs of experience. 2 yrs back i joined my current employer.
My current employer is filing GC on EB2 on condition that I should get experience letter for 5 yrs before joining current job.

I do have experience letters for 4 years and 7 months but the problem is that my previous employer is not giving experience letter for 8 months which i worked for him. My attorney is saying to have letters for 5 yrs to file on EB2. I could not get experience letter from past employer but i have offer letter he gave me, my W-2 form and all 8 month paystubs. Will that work?
Is there any substitute for Experience letter ?

madad karo bhai logo.

Thanks