Prevailing wage & EB-2???

Registered Users (C)
Hi Dear friends,

I need your help to answer some questions:

I have a master's degree with more than 2 years experience. I'm trying to apply by EB-2.

First of all, depends on O*net, my occupation normally require a Bachelor degree with 2-4 years experience. If I apply using BSc + 5 year experience, my wage level will be Level 4. It's too high comparing to my salary. But If I apply by Msater's + 1-2 year experience, My prevailing wage will be level 2. that is the reasonable wage what I will get. My question is:

1) Can I apply using Msater's + 1-2 year experience on my prevailing request? Will DOL question employer about why they require Master's, but not Bachelor degree?
2) Am I qualify for EB-2 if I apply using Msater's + 1-2 year experience ?
3) When I fill up PERM 9809, can I choose alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable like BSc+ 5 years exerience on H8 (form 9809)?
4) Is it ok that I put minimum requirement on Ad: Master's degree or equavalent?
5) what Education and Training Codes mean? For example ,chemist, the code is 5.

Another thing confuse me is: on DOL table of SVP equaivalencies Master's =4 (2 Bachelor + 2 for Master's) . what's that mean?

I have too many Q's. Thank you for any info and advise.
:confused: :confused:

=

Offered wage higher than Prevailing Wage - EB2

My employer has filed for LC under EB2 for BS + 5 yrs experience. The prevailing wage returned by the local SWA is about $13K - $14K less than the wages being offered to me. Will this cause any problems for getting the LC approved? as my wages are much higher than the prevailing wage? Will it cause any issues later on at the I-140 stage?

Please let me know if anyone is in the same boat as me and has had any problems with PERMapproval.

No!!! In fact, urs is an ideal case for a fast approval. Good Luck!

columbus_dude said:
My employer has filed for LC under EB2 for BS + 5 yrs experience. The prevailing wage returned by the local SWA is about $13K - $14K less than the wages being offered to me. Will this cause any problems for getting the LC approved? as my wages are much higher than the prevailing wage? Will it cause any issues later on at the I-140 stage?

Please let me know if anyone is in the same boat as me and has had any problems with PERMapproval.

Before you get too comfortable with my response, what is the wage level that they have returned back to you?.. Is it Level 3 or Level 4?

WellWisher007 said:
No!!! In fact, urs is an ideal case for a fast approval. Good Luck!

According to my understanding, EB2 application should have a level 3 or a level 4 classification; I am not sure why you are getting a level 2 classification for M + 1-2 yr experience requirement.

11111122 said:
Hi Dear friends,

I need your help to answer some questions:

I have a master's degree with more than 2 years experience. I'm trying to apply by EB-2.

First of all, depends on O*net, my occupation normally require a Bachelor degree with 2-4 years experience. If I apply using BSc + 5 year experience, my wage level will be Level 4. It's too high comparing to my salary. But If I apply by Msater's + 1-2 year experience, My prevailing wage will be level 2. that is the reasonable wage what I will get. My question is:

1) Can I apply using Msater's + 1-2 year experience on my prevailing request? Will DOL question employer about why they require Master's, but not Bachelor degree?
2) Am I qualify for EB-2 if I apply using Msater's + 1-2 year experience ?
3) When I fill up PERM 9809, can I choose alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable like BSc+ 5 years exerience on H8 (form 9809)?
4) Is it ok that I put minimum requirement on Ad: Master's degree or equavalent?
5) what Education and Training Codes mean? For example ,chemist, the code is 5.

Another thing confuse me is: on DOL table of SVP equaivalencies Master's =4 (2 Bachelor + 2 for Master's) . what's that mean?

I have too many Q's. Thank you for any info and advise.
:confused: :confused:

=

EB-2 and prevailing wage level: A friend of mine got a labor approved (EB-2)with level 1 salary for master with 0 experience. But he applied prior to the perm process started (old system). If this is applicable to the perm process as well, then EB-2 category do not rely on whcih level of prevailing wage.

MS+0 experience will qualify you to EB-2

Do not choose alternate study in the 9089. This will cause unnecessary queastions and may subjected to aduiting. Pl read http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=204764

If you elected not to choose alternate study, then ad should say only masters. The required minimum education will be one of the major factor to decide EB category. So be careful.

Please share your thoughts friends

Mine is a level 3 - although my wage is about $2K - $3K higher than Level 4.

WellWisher007 said:
Before you get too comfortable with my response, what is the wage level that they have returned back to you?.. Is it Level 3 or Level 4?

columbus_dude said:
Mine is a level 3 - although my wage is about $2K - $3K higher than Level 4.
My husband has MS + 0 exp. We can apply for EB2????????

Please answer....

Thank you

orchis said:
My husband has MS + 0 exp. We can apply for EB2????????

Please answer....

Thank you
YES!

BS + 5 yrs
Applied on 22nd May, 2006
Received the email on 23rd May, 2006
June 9th 2006 PERM approved :D

columbus_dude said:
YES!

BS + 5 yrs
Applied on 22nd May, 2006
Received the email on 23rd May, 2006
June 9th 2006 PERM approved :D

Even if the wage is Level II?

Thank you

orchis said:
Even if the wage is Level II?

Thank you

One can file under EB2 category only if the job requires a Master's degree. Simply having a Master's does not qualify one for EB2. The employer must specify in the job description that a Master's degree is a must. And in your husband's case the employer must also specify that minimum experience required is 0 months.

The wage & level is determined by SWA. SWA specifies the wage and level depending on the wording of the job description. The wage and level does not determine if one can file for EB2 or EB3.

In short : wage & level does not affect the category under whic you file. And SWA specifies wage & level purely on how the job description is worded - not by the qualifications required.

Last edited by a moderator: