Prepare for the Best, Expect the Worst!!! Interview Tomorrow

NeShawn

Registered Users (C)
Well the time has come and I am nervous about my interview. :eek: We have all the information required but I always try to prepare for the best and expect the worst :eek: Need lots of support from you guys ;) .Early thanks to those who provided their personal experiences and input. I will inform you guys of the results. ;)

NeShawn said:
Well the time has come and I am nervous about my interview. :eek: We have all the information required but I always try to prepare for the best and expect the worst :eek: Need lots of support from you guys ;) .Early thanks to those who provided their personal experiences and input. I will inform you guys of the results. ;)

Best of luck. Keep one thing in mind ---- most people's interview is very boring and routine ---- one tends to get a skewed perspective on a newsgroup. Most likely, yours will be no problem. So relax and "enjoy" the experience.

Interview

My wife laughed when she was asked if she has been a prostitute and if she ever killed anyone...She couldn't help it! And the interviewer was a skinny woman and just the way she asked the questions was totally hilarious. The interviewer tried to hide her smile while looking at the paperwork.

She was approved on the spot yesterday. Filed October 12 and Approved 12/5, just under 60 days :D

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather see it like:
Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

If your marriage is in bona-fide, then there's no particular reason to expect the worst.

Good luck...

NeShawn,

I believe that you are in good shape. You are wise to prepare for the worst, but I hope you are in good shape. Lots and lots of evidence, the better your chances of being approved, without a delay and issues. :)

Oh...make sure you know what type of underwear your wife is wearing, :D in case you meet a USCIS pervert. It is always better to know answers to silly questions.... :rolleyes:

If they ask you if killed a person or prostitute, take a fifth amendment on that question.... :D :D

NeShawn, I wish you an approval and a speedy resolution to your greencard. Knowing your contribution to this board, I know you are going to post your experience as soon as you get to your computer.... :p

Al Southner said:
NeShawn,

I believe that you are in good shape. You are wise to prepare for the worst, but I hope you are in good shape. Lots and lots of evidence, the better your chances of being approved, without a delay and issues. :)

Oh...make sure you know what type of underwear your wife is wearing, :D in case you meet a USCIS pervert. It is always better to know answers to silly questions.... :rolleyes:

I would not answer such a question. I would likely tell him/her I have no idea what color it is and that it is not a question I am willing to answer. USCIS officers are allowed to ask whether the marriage has been consummated --- that's it. Delving further into someone's private life is not allowed. Now, I am quite aware that some ask those questions, but it is also your right to refuse to answer such questions.

Some may take the view that they would just like to answer it, get done with the interview, pass and move on with their lives. For me, I would rather delay my case somewhat rather than answer a question like that. It is a matter of principle.

Ultimately, each person decides for himself/herself.

I've said this before, but I agree with pianoplayer about the underwear thing. Its not a reasonable question, I personally have no idea what colour underwear my wife is wearing, and didn't on the day of the interview. This isn't because of our marriage not being bonafide, its simply because we don't go through a ceremonial "simultaneous putting-on of the underwear " every morning so we know exactly what each other is wearing.

If asked this question I probably would have answered "none of your business" which I think is reasonable.

I think a lot of the time its your general behaviour that they pick up on rather than the actual answers to the questions. During my interview I got my wedding anniversary wrong by two days, less than a year after we were married, and had to be corrected by my wife. That didn't seem to affect the outcome at all.

Jim

sarrebal said:
I'd rather see it like:
Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

If your marriage is in bona-fide, then there's no particular reason to expect the worst.

OOPS!!! :eek: That is what I meant! You see how this process has got me. ;)

Thanks

NeShawn, I wish you an approval and a speedy resolution to your greencard. Knowing your contribution to this board, I know you are going to post your experience as soon as you get to your computer.... :p[/QUOTE]

You got that right!!!! :p :p

Thks to everyone for your support. I know it will go well. No questions about p------. :p That is none of their business. :eek:

Good luck and heres to hearing some God news from you tomorrow :)
Lets hope and pray you dont get stuck in name check

Addie_Goodvibes said:
By time you read this you will have finsihed your interview,
I hope it went well and best wishes to and expideiate Process.

Thks Addie, you are absolutely right. We are finally back home and yes interview is over. Passport is stamped!!!

Thks for all your support!