Prepare For AOS Interview

SpaceMan

Registered Users (C)
Read the attachment, it was written by an attorney. I think it is very informative, hope it will help someone.

Spaceman... Thanks for the links, i have added this information to my AOS threads.

First of all, thanks for this attachment. It is good to know what we have to expect.

But is this really what they will ask us? Questions like: When was the last time you had sex and where??? I wouldn't have thought. And from what I read here, it seems like they don't really interview the spouses separately anymore, or do they?

patty579 said:
First of all, thanks for this attachment. It is good to know what we have to expect.

But is this really what they will ask us? Questions like: When was the last time you had sex and where??? I wouldn't have thought. And from what I read here, it seems like they don't really interview the spouses separately anymore, or do they?

Hi Patty... the first immigration interview would be relatively simple which most of us have gone through and have been approved. If the oficer suspects that your marriage is not bonafide or you are trying to circumvent the laws, you would be asked to appear for the second interview called the "stokes interview" which is very harsh. The attached document is to prepare you for the stokes interview, but it is a good idea to be prepared as a few questions (nothing personal or intimate) from this doc might be asked during the first interview. During stokes interview, it would be a big surprise if they do not separate the couple for questioning.

In general, if your case is straightforward and genuine, the officer would already be half convinced by the evidence you submitted and very few and simple questions would be asked, so dont worry, this doc is to prepare you for the worse ;)