Premium Processing Receipt DELAY !!!

Original notice: may 26th
Converted to PP: Oct. 6th
RFE generated: Oct. 19th
Response to RFE sent: Oct. 23. TODAY

I'll keep you guys posted if i hear anything. You guys do the same.

Thanks
N

Rfe

Nikkib,
How long did it take the RFE to reach your attorney? My RFE was generated just today, and the attroney has not received it so far. Also, my understanding is that when they generate the RFE, the clock stops. After they receive the RFE, it starts ticking again. Since your RFE was on the 13th day, you should get an answer soon.

nikkib said:
Converted to PP: Oct. 6th
RFE generated: Oct. 19th
Response to RFE sent: Oct. 23. TODAY

Thanks
N

Hi Sumit,
My RFE was faxed to my lawyer on Oct. 19th. The status changed online the same day the RFE was faxed (10/19). My lawyer said that after they recieve the RFE response, the clock is reset to 15 days.
So i have to wait another two weeks to get a reponse from them.
I'm pretty anxious and frustrated at this point.

We'll see.
N

In Murthy forum, I read that the clock stops, not reset. A guy got his approval within a few days of RFE. To be precise, he got the RFE on 10th OCt, Replied on 11th. Email notification of approval on 14th OCt With effect from 12th OCt. I guess we can only remain optimistic.

nikkib said:
Hi Sumit,

So i have to wait another two weeks to get a reponse from them.
I'm pretty anxious and frustrated at this point.

We'll see.
N

RFE response

Hi Nikkib,
Please keep us posted when your online status changes to approved or RFE response received.
Thanks

nikkib said:
----

Thanks
N

i was under the impression that if you were on PP and they issued an RFE then you had to apply again for PP when you send the RFE back,
natt

You mean with another 1000 bucks? I dont think so. Atleast not heard of it in any other forums.

texasnatt said:
i was under the impression that if you were on PP and they issued an RFE then you had to apply again for PP when you send the RFE back,
natt

what do you guys think,
it's 44 days today since they received our RFE,
is it worth going PP now ?????
natt

no you do not need to resubmit the PP fee after a RFE. Once you reply to the RFE and USCIS accepts the reply, the petition is placed back into PP mode.

H1B 2nd 3-year extension approved.

Extension petition sent via Fedex on 10/16/06
Received by Vermont Service Center Premium Processing on 10/17/06
Received an email confirming receipt date of 10/17/06 on 10/24/06
Approval email on 10/26/06 from California Service Center Premium Processing

7th year H1 extension in PP applied on Nov 08, no receipt yet

Hi,
Application for PP for 7th year H1 extension received at VT: Nov, 08. 2006

No response from Vermont Service Center yet?

Any ideas how long it might take for them to generate the receipt date?

How many days after the receipt date is the H1 usually approved in PP assuming no RFE?

Thanks everyone!

Received email after 6 days of submission

Received an email on 11/14/2006 stating the receipt number, the application was received on Nov. 8. It was originally sent to Vermont center but internally was routed to California. I tried the PP status hot line (18663155718 ) but how dow I enter 0 because my receipt number starts with WAC070305xxxx and every time I enter 0 it goes to automated voice prompt...How are you guys checking the status?

Also I could not find the status on USCIS web site about the case.. Is it normal?

In the email from, it says California SC received the app. on Nov 08, 2006 and I should get a response within 15 calendar days. Will keep you guys posted.

jefkorn said:
Hi,
Application for PP for 7th year H1 extension received at VT: Nov, 08. 2006

No response from Vermont Service Center yet?

Any ideas how long it might take for them to generate the receipt date?

How many days after the receipt date is the H1 usually approved in PP assuming no RFE?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
PP status check system temporarily unavailable

Ok to answer some of my questions, to check the status over the phone, you have to enter the first three letters as well for example to enter WAC, press 922 ( look at the alphabets on the number keys and use accordingly). After you enter the case number, it will repeat it back to you. But it says they couldn't access the case information because of the problem with the system.
I am going to be on it's tail and let you guys know when the system can find my case again..
I wonder if this is the same system that is used by the USCIS website and because of the same problem the website is not able to locate the case based on receipt number...

jefkorn said:
Received an email on 11/14/2006 stating the receipt number, the application was received on Nov. 8. It was originally sent to Vermont center but internally was routed to California. I tried the PP status hot line (18663155718 ) but how dow I enter 0 because my receipt number starts with WAC070305xxxx and every time I enter 0 it goes to automated voice prompt...How are you guys checking the status?

Also I could not find the status on USCIS web site about the case.. Is it normal?

In the email from, it says California SC received the app. on Nov 08, 2006 and I should get a response within 15 calendar days. Will keep you guys posted.

RFE generated on 7th year H1 extension

Got AP approved but 7th year H1 extension (filed Premium Procesing) is pending. RFE was issued, employer hasn't received the RFE letter yet.

Receipt Date at CSC: Nov 08, 2006
Email received by employer from CSC: Nov 14,2006 saying that receive date was Nov. 08, 2006
15 day clock ending: Nov 23, 2006
LUD on 09/16/2006 no change in message, 09/17/2006 (RFE)
RFE mailed (online status changed): Nov. 17, 2006
15 day clock stopped:Nov 17, 2006

1. How long does it take for the RFE letter to reach employer?
2. Does the 15 day clock get reset after the RFE is received by service center or it resumes from when it stopped at the time of RFE issuance?
3. If it is going to take tool long for the approval of extension, can I travel on AP, my current H1 petition with the same employer is valid untill Apr. 2007?

Folks in similar situation, please share you experience,
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi -- I applied using Premium Processing on June 22 2006. I had applied as a university professor so my unversity is the petitioner, and they were told that we would be refunded the $1000 PP fee as my application would take much longer than 15 days. My application is since stuck in security/background check. It has now been over 5 months and my university finally got in touch with the congressional representative in our state to intervene (via a letter of support) in expediting the request. For anyone else going through this -- I think it is entirely appropriate to ask your employer to contact the senator or political representative in your district/state and ask for intervention.

Same Boat but very late

Hi AAfzal-
My university filed H1B petition on Nov 22. I will have to shift H1 from J1 and I got J1 waiver recent days. My J1 will be finished after next 3 months and my university does not want to do premium right now and they want to shift to it from regular one at last month if VSC had not issued H1. It is the same service center for J1 waiver and H1 petition. Is it risky to get H1 in time? Are you from India? Is your university is the State University? Are you in US and staying with special visa, propably not J1? Thank you for your contribution. :confused:

Rfe

Could someone say what is RFE? As for beginner to file H, I just have EAC number, that is kinda case number, nothing. Thanks..

MaharRajar said:
Could someone say what is RFE? As for beginner to file H, I just have EAC number, that is kinda case number, nothing. Thanks..

Hi,

Is EAC and WAC same? Mine is not premium processing but I don't know if the lawyer has received the receipt for the application submission.

Thanks
Anu

anu73_in said:
Hi,

Is EAC and WAC same? Mine is not premium processing but I don't know if the lawyer has received the receipt for the application submission.

Thanks
Anu

Yes,
EAC and WAC are the same. These are the receipt numbers for you H1b petition. When did your lawyer apply for your H1. In case its been more than 2 months I would suggest you to ask your attorney to talk to them.