Premium processing forGC

santosh_30

Registered Users (C)
All:

I read that someone mentioned the idea of premium processing to get GC.

I think this is a great idea. It is similar to the premium processing idea for H1B visas. Lets look at some of the features.....

a) As in case of H1B visa, those who are in a hurry will apply for premium processing. Those (like the ones affected by retrogression who are taking it easy) who are not in a hurry can sit back and relax
b) The government will make a LOT MORE MONEY with this approach
c) The fee for premium processing will fund any more staffing/resources etc. that will be needed for handling the extra burden
d) There is a precedent for such an action (that it is being donefor H1B visa processing)
e) Of course...the visa numbers will still have to be recaptured....and family members not counted towards visa numbers......but the words "PREMIUM PROCESSING" make it sound nice and legit and does not make it sound like one is BUYING a green card

Comments...

Santosh

santosh_30 i agree with u.....given the kind of mess......they do need more staff.....and they do need to give gaurantee...that things will be done in so many days....just like prem proc of H1B..............then there will be atleast no heartburns....and everyone will know what they are getting into...

There was a talk of this for I-140 but was turned down by INS.. they would not consider it for general (Eb1/2/3) category....but would consider it for nurses (schedule A) workers....even that proposal was turned down...

Excellent Idea

Santosh,

$$$ is going to take things to next level.

Can we all put it across in the letters to Senators and mention it as their IDEA ???

That way, they get to gain, we also benefit !!

orangetreats said:
There was a talk of this for I-140 but was turned down by INS.. they would not consider it for general (Eb1/2/3) category....but would consider it for nurses (schedule A) workers....even that proposal was turned down...