preadjudication?

green_card_77

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to a representative at TSC and said my application is at preadjudication stage? Any idea what this means? Thanks

USCIS has a lot of saying things which are meaningless - "under review", "pre-adjudication stage", "in process".
There is no point in trying to figure out what they are implying.

Oh crap...
So when you move, your 485 gets transferred to another service center?

My 485 has been pending in Texas since April '06. This summer I'm moving to Illinois for a new job. So, my 485 will be transferred to the dreaded Nebraska Service Center?

NIW Engineer,

That's what happened. When I moved and notified change of address, they automatically sent the papers from CSC to TSC. So, they may move yours too.

Hold on and Cool. No.

They (USCIS) moved the cases from VSC and CSC to TSC and NSC as part of bi-specialization rule. Which meant Immigrant visas are handled by TSC and NSC and VSC and CSC will handle Non immigrant visas.

so, if you filed your case in 2005 or prior, Prior to Bi-specialization those cases are moved to TSC or NSC. There is split up of states which would go to TSC and which would go to NSC. Even if you did not move your case would have been moved to TSC if it were filed at CSC or VSC.

So, If you filed your case with TSC or NSC it will not be transaferred to VSC or CSC.

Oh crap...
So when you move, your 485 gets transferred to another service center?

My 485 has been pending in Texas since April '06. This summer I'm moving to Illinois for a new job. So, my 485 will be transferred to the dreaded Nebraska Service Center?

I spoke to a representative at TSC and said my application is at preadjudication stage? Any idea what this means? Thanks

green_card_77,
Unfortunately, this means nothing. I was told the same thing two years before I actually got approval. There is a possibility it means you are stuck in name check. Go through a senator and get verification on the name check status.

Good luck.
-KJ

KJ,

Thanks. I had an infopass appointment a few weeks back and the representative told that the namecheck is completed.

KJ,

Thanks. I had an infopass appointment a few weeks back and the representative told that the namecheck is completed.

Good but I wouldn't trust anyone unless you have it in writing. If your priority date is current, go ahead and contact a senator -- it doesn't hurt. You will get written proof of your namecheck results.

KJ,

Thanks for your response. How do you get a written confirmation? Will the officer at the local service center give it to you? Or you got from your congressmen? Will the FBI give the response? I have contacted FBI numerous times via mail, email and got no response. Thanks

If you contact your senator, they will contact USCIS on your behalf. USCIS's response to the senator is a written response that they typically forward to the constituent (you).

KJ,

Thanks for your response. How do you get a written confirmation? Will the officer at the local service center give it to you? Or you got from your congressmen? Will the FBI give the response? I have contacted FBI numerous times via mail, email and got no response. Thanks

Hold on and Cool. No.

They (USCIS) moved the cases from VSC and CSC to TSC and NSC as part of bi-specialization rule. Which meant Immigrant visas are handled by TSC and NSC and VSC and CSC will handle Non immigrant visas.

so, if you filed your case in 2005 or prior, Prior to Bi-specialization those cases are moved to TSC or NSC. There is split up of states which would go to TSC and which would go to NSC. Even if you did not move your case would have been moved to TSC if it were filed at CSC or VSC.

So, If you filed your case with TSC or NSC it will not be transaferred to VSC or CSC.

knowDOL is absolutely right. I had just confirmed with my company attorney firm.
In the middle of 2006, the USCIS started a transition towards "bi-specialization" -- a workload reorganization program that centralizes adjudications at USCIS Service Centers by application or petition type,
rather than geographically. This is intended to increase efficiencies at
the Service Centers. Forms I-140 and I485s were centralized at the
Nebraska and Texas Service Centers. The USCIS is now making sure that all
of the I140s and I485s are at the proper Service Center.

That is why such file transfer is done to better balance the workload and create specific areas of expertise at each Service Center.