Pre approved labor

lali76

Registered Users (C)
Do i qualify for a Pre approved labor ???

Hello,

I applied for my Green Card through my present compaby in March 2003, my case is now sitting at the Backlog reduction Center. Day before yesterday my HR called me and told me that they have a preapproved labor which fits the qualifications that i have. The priority date on that is 99. My question was that if this will work and what might some of the problems be ?

Last edited by a moderator:
lali76 said:
Hello,

I applied for my Green Card through my present compaby in March 2003, my case is now sitting at the Backlog reduction Center. Day before yesterday my HR called me and told me that they have a preapproved labor which fits the qualifications that i have. The priority date on that is 99. My question was that if this will work and what might some of the problems be ?

If it fits you, you dont have no problem. I wish I could get that pre-approved labor, and file my green card thru it. Go for it, you have good chance in getting your GC approved in few months.

hello,

When u say if it fits you what does that mean, i saw the approved labour and it mentions that it requires a MS in Information Systems/Computer Science. I have a MS In Computer Eng. Also what is this talk about some pending bill which will scrap the usage of pre approved labour ? When if at all will it go into affect. Any infrmation will be much appreciated.

lali76 said:
hello,

When u say if it fits you what does that mean, i saw the approved labour and it mentions that it requires a MS in Information Systems/Computer Science. I have a MS In Computer Eng. Also what is this talk about some pending bill which will scrap the usage of pre approved labour ? When if at all will it go into affect. Any infrmation will be much appreciated.

Your education has to be identical. I don't think you can use this one.

Why don't you let your attorney decide that.. they have more expreience with this..
Also if you take this labor does your other one become void?

APD said:
Your education has to be identical. I don't think you can use this one.

Well my attroney has asked me to go ahead. Not sure if they know that the labour mentioned MS Computer Science/Information Systems where as i have a MS Computer Eng degree.

I would say the degrees are reasonably similar. It is not like civil engineer and physician or something like that.

Also you can keep you existing labor and continue to use the pre-approved labor. If it comes to it you can file I-140 on both (if your own gets approved). However you can only file I-485 at the same time.

lali76 said:
Well my attroney has asked me to go ahead. Not sure if they know that the labour mentioned MS Computer Science/Information Systems where as i have a MS Computer Eng degree.

Hi
My case is also same and how to check whether pre-approved labour is valid or not, bcaz sometimes company people say such words to keep employees with them,pl help me.
Priya