PR card appointment

RajanJohn

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have any recent experience picking up their PR card. I received my appointment date and time and they are asking me to report to the BLUE counter at the immigration office. Please post your experience here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been there yet. I wanted to find out other people's experience before I go to pick my card. I am guessing it should be pretty easy and fast. I have to take a photo id, my landing papers, my passport and the letter from CIC. I will post my experience after I get the card.

Need some help in PR card issue

Hi, Congratulations! on getting the notice to pick up PR card.

I applied for PR card on December 15, 2002 for 2001 batch residents. It is 2 months now and no news from them, how long it takes for them to process this?

Please post you experience of picking up PR card. Thanks. WP.

I mailed my application for PR card on November 23rd. I just receieve the notice last week and my appointment is later this month. I am asked to report to the BLUE counter at the CIC center. I have to take the original IMM 1000, my passport, a photo ID (Canadian issued) & the letter from CIC.

If anyone has picked up their card recently please post your experience here. I was wondering how many different counters there are at the CIC center and what the color signifies. Just a curiosity. I will post my experience after I get my card. Good luck to you guys.

Vault

I don’t have Canada driving License, I have only my IMM1000, SIN Card and Passport + have my US credit card with my photo on it, as posted by" RajanJohn" one needs photo ID (Canadian issued) I don’t have one, will they deny the PR card when I go to CIC office with out Canadian ID to pick up my PR card?

As I am working in US so I wanted to keep my US DL and I read that for Ontario DL you have to surrender your US license and you cannot have US license and Ontario license or Canada licence it is illegal to keep both the driving license of US and Canada.
I don’t have Heath card of Ontario.
What other Canadian ID can I get? Or I will be allowed to take my PR card?
Please help
Thanks

saathia,

Hi can you share with us weather you have picked up the PR card without any Canadian photo ID. Thanks for your help.

Recieved notice to pickup card

I have received notice to pick up the PR card, but missed the date. MY pickup notice says that if I miss the date, I have to reapply. I tried to call them but the number is not valid from US.

I thought they will wait for six months before they discard the card.

Also, anyone having any difficulties coming back from Toronto?

I have advanced Parole, but just a little hesitant to travel.