PP stamping experience @ chicago

Tamil Pyan

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I went for PP stamping to chicago. We went there at 5:15 AM. We were the second in queue. However in 30 minutes...there the queue become very long. The gate was opened at 7:000 AM sharply and they asked to make separate queue for 485 approval. Went through security check and asked us to go to the room in ground floor. Gave the approval notice, passport, EAD, I-94 records and AP. IT took just 5 minutes for both of us. The stamping was done and the plastic card will be mailed in 6-9 months. Also, we gave the change of address. We came out at 7:45 AM. The whole process took 21/2 hrs including wait time.

I feel if you go early.....u will come out early.

Feel relax now.........the whole GC processs took 41/2 years.

We are also going to send the AR 11 form for address change.

This site was very useful to share others experience. Helped a lot.

Hang on guys ....your Day is not far away....!! Good Luck.

Stamped at Chicago today

We got our passports stamped today. Reached at 6:15 with aorund 100 people ahead in line. After the gates opened at 7:00, all 485 approvals were sent first in a separate line. There were around a dozen people in front of us.
Process was quick and speedy. If you take the attorney's copy of the approval notice, make sure you write your address on the notice, which is where they will send the cards. They guys were courteous. Joked a little when my son was messing around with the stamp pad. They collected I-94s, APs and EAD cards and photos, took index fingerprint and stamped passport. They also corrected my wife's middle initial (which was incorrect on the approval notice) on the form. We were out by 7:45. I actually made to work on time. No fuss at all..

I got PP stamping done today too

Pretty much same story. I reached at about 6:30 and was out by 9.

Good luck waiting guys!!

Last edited by a moderator: