Postpone Interview date

lk1508

Registered Users (C)
In case the scheduled interview date needs to be rescheduled, does anyone have any idea how long does it take to get the next interview date?

Is there any way I can let USCIS know that I will be not be available during a certain period so that they do not schedule the interview during that period? There probably isn't but just thought I'll check if anyone is aware.

The interview scheduling has taken longer than normal and it is possible that I may have to travel overseas when the interview is finally scheduled.

The new interview date will depend on your local USCIS office. Also, keep in mind that re-scheduling can delay your process significantly and hence, if possible, it is advised that you go at your scheduled date.

Wait till you get your IL. If not suitable, you can ask for reschedule. Please bear in mind you have already waited for almost 2 months from the date you were informed that you are in queue for interview. Till date you have not heard from them. I guess there will be further delay for rescheduling.