1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Postpone Interview date

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by lk1508, Feb 21, 2012.

1. lk1508

lk1508 Registered Users (C)

In case the scheduled interview date needs to be rescheduled, does anyone have any idea how long does it take to get the next interview date?

Is there any way I can let USCIS know that I will be not be available during a certain period so that they do not schedule the interview during that period? There probably isn't but just thought I'll check if anyone is aware.

The interview scheduling has taken longer than normal and it is possible that I may have to travel overseas when the interview is finally scheduled.
  2. nwctzn

nwctzn Registered Users (C)

The new interview date will depend on your local USCIS office. Also, keep in mind that re-scheduling can delay your process significantly and hence, if possible, it is advised that you go at your scheduled date.
  3. madh4

madh4 Registered Users (C)

Wait till you get your IL. If not suitable, you can ask for reschedule. Please bear in mind you have already waited for almost 2 months from the date you were informed that you are in queue for interview. Till date you have not heard from them. I guess there will be further delay for rescheduling.