Post interview questions

rrajendr

Registered Users (C)
Hi
We (myself, my wife) successfully cleared our Employment based consular processing interview with me as the primary and my wife as the secondary. I had some questions on the post interview and the port of entry process:

Post interview:
I know that consulate returns my documents/other documents with the passport(s).
1. What are the stuff that has to be checked on the passport(s)?
2. what are the stuff that is returned from the consulate and how are they returned?
3. What are the other stuff that has to be checked on the return package from the consulate?

Port of Entry as Immigrant visa holder:
I understand that at the port of entry I have to go to the immigrant visa counter and present some material . Based on it I have the below questions:
1. Can you please detail me the procedure that is generally followed in the port of entry in US upon our return as Immigrant visa holder? Will there by any interviews and if so what would they be about?
2. What are the documents that are to presented at the Port of entry in US?
3)Does form I-90 need to be filed and with its supporting documents need to be submitted to NVC to get the plastic green card or will it be mailed to your US residence automatically without filling the form I-90 after POE entry in US?

Relax. At POE, you will have to go the line for permanent residents, give your passport and the sealed envelope that the consulate gave you. There will be no interview. Only fingerprint of your right index finger (with ink the old fashioned way) will be taken along with your signature. And in a month you will get your GC. You do not fill out any form or even I-94 in the plane. You are now a legal permanent resident. ENjoy the freedom :))))