post-interview days

The meaning is that you are illegal in the U.S. A visa is just a paper to enter the country (i.e. cross the border), than, you need an additional paper which is called I-20. The I-20 is issued by the university you attend. Since you didn't attend the college you don't have the I-20, or even if you have, it was nullified and you were terminated from the system. To my knowledge, you have 2 months from the date of entrance to leave the U.S. or find another college.

Thank you kombainer for your reply.
How about the question on asylum I asked , do you have any clue , any suggestion on that? and FYI, I have i-20 but all those don't matter because I came here to seek asylum and to be protected from persecution that was being made on me and my family.I've made it to my interview as I said , and I am still waiting for a decision.

I was interviewed 3.5 months ago. Still waiting. Don't ask me about the time frame:) They always ask for a birth certificate to double check your place of birth. Especially if you apply on the grounds of nationality. You can get your decision in 2 weeks or 2 years, nobody knows. Depends on how lucky you are. Keep us updated on your case, I wish you luck my friend.

Hey! Wanted to share the good news with you guys! I got approved today!! wow! I thank Jesus! now I have protection and no more fear for being returned to people that persecuted me! this open a whole new World, new life to me! Thank you America! God bless America! :D

Hey! Wanted to share the good news with you guys! I got approved today!! wow! I thank Jesus!

Congratulations
Praise the lord. I am so happy for you. Jesus christ is so great. I have to share my testimony with you. He told me during my sleep that I would get approved the next day in the morning. I woke up so excited and called the asylum office and the lady told me that they just issued the approval letter.
How wonderful our lord is.

Please pray for those who are still waiting for a decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Please pray for those who are still waiting for a decision.
Hey Assylum so happy for you too!
Listen my Friends no matter how long or how difficult it gonna be, Jesus hears your prayers, (God or Allah depends on which religion you in! )Put you faith in Him, you won't get dissappointed and he won't let you down if you are truthfull...just go down on your knees and ask..That's how it happened to me!

arjel1968 - do you have any news?? (This is little bee, I forgot my password and they gave me this new id - flee, bee, either way, it's some insect :)

Let us know, if you got asylum news or if you got your EAD card yet.

arjel1968 - do you have any news?? (This is little bee, I forgot my password and they gave me this new id - flee, bee, either way, it's some insect :)

Let us know, if you got asylum news or if you got your EAD card yet.

Hi Little bee : Nothing so far !! Just waiting waiting n waiting !!

Hello all, i just applied for Asylum and last week i got my application back in the mail with a notice of action telling mr that my aapplication was incomplete, so i completed it and mailed it back on the same day , the good thing was that the application was stamped and they told me that i can resubmit the same copy with a copy of the Notice of action after i complete it, so i did and now ive beeen waiting for a few days and don't know anything. What's gonna happen next? what should i do? i don't have an attorney yet, should i get one or complete on my own?
By the way, i'm in an immigration court procedings because i over stayed my visa.
Can i get some help on this?
Thanks

Hello all, i just applied for Asylum and last week i got my application back in the mail with a notice of action telling mr that my aapplication was incomplete, so i completed it and mailed it back on the same day , the good thing was that the application was stamped and they told me that i can resubmit the same copy with a copy of the Notice of action after i complete it, so i did and now ive beeen waiting for a few days and don't know anything. What's gonna happen next? what should i do? i don't have an attorney yet, should i get one or complete on my own?
By the way, i'm in an immigration court procedings because i over stayed my visa.
Can i get some help on this?
Thanks

1-Did you have a master hearing before you applied for asylum?
2-Did you submit your application to Uscis or the immigration court?
3-Was your NTA filed with the immigration court before you applied for asylum?

Thanks for your reply, i didn't have a master hearing yet it's set on Augest,4th. I submited the application to USCIS. All i have is the master hearing date that the judge gave me when she set my bond at the court 3 weeks ago, because ICE detained me after they picked me up, so i was detained for 2 days and then i got a custody redetermination hearing before the IJ and the master hearing date that was on June, 7th. But she told me if we bond you out then we will change the date for you, and that's what happened when i went to court on the 7th. They told me that your court date had been changed to Augest 4th.
Thanks

Thanks for your reply, i didn't have a master hearing yet it's set on Augest,4th. I submited the application to USCIS. All i have is the master hearing date that the judge gave me when she set my bond at the court 3 weeks ago, because ICE detained me after they picked me up, so i was detained for 2 days and then i got a custody redetermination hearing before the IJ and the master hearing date that was on June, 7th. But she told me if we bond you out then we will change the date for you, and that's what happened when i went to court on the 7th. They told me that your court date had been changed to Augest 4th.
Thanks

If the NTA has been served and filed with the immigration court, then USCIS doesn't have the jurisdiction to process your case. The judge will handle the case not USCIS.

If the NTA has been served but for some reason was not filed with the immigration court, then USCIS might have the jurisdiction to process your case.

I think i was served Notice to appear before the IC when i was in DHS custody, but i don't know if it was served to the court or no. What diffrence dose it make to the case to be jurisdiction by the USCUS or the court? and does it make any diffrence to file in Nj or Ny?
WHat should i expect now? Although when the USICS sent me the Notice of action and they told me that i can resubmit my application to the USCIS after i have complete it.
Oh, wait there was also this line that says: According to USCIS records you are in the jurisdiction of the IC, therefore you must file your form I-589 with the IC.
Is it bad? what's the chances on my case?

I think i was served Notice to appear before the IC when i was in DHS custody, but i don't know if it was served to the court or no. What diffrence dose it make to the case to be jurisdiction by the USCUS or the court? and does it make any diffrence to file in Nj or Ny?
WHat should i expect now? Although when the USICS sent me the Notice of action and they told me that i can resubmit my application to the USCIS after i have complete it.
Oh, wait there was also this line that says: According to USCIS records you are in the jurisdiction of the IC, therefore you must file your form I-589 with the IC.
Is it bad? what's the chances on my case?

USCIS can't adjudicate your case becaue the immigration court has the exclusive jurisdiction for your case.

What you should do is to wait until USCIS returns the application to you and then re-submit it to the court after your first master hearing.

If you have had an attorney, you wouldn't have made this mistake

I recommend that you hire an attorney before you re-submit the application to the immigration court.

Does that mean that the court is gonna deny my asylum? is it less success in the court?
Do you recommend any attornies? I have no idea about attornies. I'm from NJ.
is that mistake gonna cost me anything?

When they stamped my application, on June, 3rd, am i now in the count of 150 days to apply for EAD?
If no, then when does the count begins?
Thanks

Hi everyone ...I have received the EAD on July 2nd (had applied on may 10th)..still awaiitng for decision...

Its weird but i filed the renewal of my EAD based on pending asylum with the IJ on May 10 as well. But i had an asylum hearing before an IJ on July 7th so i guess USCIS was waiting to see the outcome lol...on july 9th the case status of the EAD shows an internal update but the overall status is still at initial review. Oh and in the meantime i was approved on July 7th, so i think now the USCIS is waiting if the ICE attorneys will file appeal or not and then mail me the ead.

Its weird but i filed the renewal of my EAD based on pending asylum with the IJ on May 10 as well. But i had an asylum hearing before an IJ on July 7th so i guess USCIS was waiting to see the outcome lol...on july 9th the case status of the EAD shows an internal update but the overall status is still at initial review. Oh and in the meantime i was approved on July 7th, so i think now the USCIS is waiting if the ICE attorneys will file appeal or not and then mail me the ead.

Hi- How long it took you to get approval.I have never get any decision from USCIS.....!!:(

DEcision date delayed

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I applied to asylum on June 28, 2010, and had my interview on July 27, 2010. The day of the interview the AO had a colored paper in her desk with a preprinted information to pick up the deicision on August 10th.
After the interview, the AO changed mind and told me that the decision will be mailed to me, and that might take longer than 2 weeks; withouth saying the reasons.
I was very happy with the August 10th date, because I am struggling financially and really need to start working...
I have a valid visa, but not valid for working. :(