Possible to go for Biometrics/ Fingerprinting in a different city after GC application

disciple

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

We applied for GC & AOS for my dad recently. He is considering travel within the US to see some relatives. Once the biometrics notice is received, can he go through FP in a different city? He is just travelling for a few weeks.

Did a search but could not find a clear answer on the forum

Thanks in advance for the answers.

He can try to go to a different DO, but he should not mention anything to security- just hand him the biometrics letter as if everything is normal. If questioned, he can say he called CIS and they advised him to try any DO if he is traveling. If he's lucky, he will be allowed in.

If he receives the FP notice before he starts traveling, he should go for an early walk-in FP in the specified location rather than risk problems in the other city.

Thanks! USCIS said it was ok!

Hi CafeconLeche and JackoLantern,

Thanks for the responses. I called USCIS this morning and they confirmed what you said above. It is not neccessary to go through fingerprinting at the local Service center but one can go to any near by service center. i ended up getting the agent's name and number, in case I am asked.

Regards,