Possible February Mumbai Interview Thread /Tracker !!!!!

sgurjar

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
Let\'s track February interview of Mumbai.. I mailed My packet 3 on 12/3/2001. My 140 -approved on 10/31 .. and NVC mailed Packet 3 to consulate on 11/27 .. possible February interview ...

Requested mid-February interview.

Mailed AC140 WITH I-824 APPROVAL NOTICE (not simply I-824 receipt notice) on 12/3/01 and requested mid-february interview.

normally consulate schedules in the second half of a month for EB casis. so i wanted to go in the last week (due to other travel constraints). but lawyer pointed out a good point:

Usually a visa number is requested by consulate from the State Dept. This is done, I think, every month or every quarter. State dept. then approves the available visa numbers every month for the following month. This is the reason why the consulates announce the interview schedule after the 15th of every month (after they get approval from state dept.). The tricky part is that a visa number is approved for issuance only for a particular month. So my lawyer said that if I go the last week of feb. and by misfortune, a delay occurs due to any reason, I do not have a cushion of time. If the month ends, the visa number for me will expire and I have to wait for another number, usually for 2 months or so.

On the other hand, due to last minute travel (& logistics) problems, it is not practical to request interview in month beginning (so that it gives the max cushion of time in case of eventualities). Hence mid-month is preferable.

lets see when I get it. my packet (AC140) is still in transit. i am trying to clarify about PCC. right now, it is wait-n-watch policy for me.

good luck!

Hi Ganesh , Google_hs -

Let\'s keep in touch - My packet 3 also in transit and hopeing for the
february interview -

My Pk3 reached Chennai nov 3rd and they send feb is the month

Looks like the days between pk3 recieved and interview date scheduled is widenning . Atleast in my case at Chennai consulate. Confirm with Mumbai consulate for the probable month after your PK3 has been recieved by them..
wishes
murali

PCC

what are u doing to clarify the PCC issue. it sure is very vexing. i have received my packet3 and am holding on to it before something more concrete gets known about PCC.

while at it, my passport shows my address in jamshedpur but my parents dont live there anymore. they are in bombay now. where should i try to get the PCC from...... bombay or jamshedpur. cause i will be staying in bombay now as my parents are there.

M.

Do we need to mail BC with pkt3?

Do we need to mail Birth Ceritificate with Packet3 or just we need to take to the interview?

Looks like I should be in this thread now

I was upposed to get a Jan interbiew .. for some reason I got
pushed into feb ( the operators last week said I would get a Jan date , but now say i will get a feb date !! )

So umuch for all my plans !

Mailed Packet 3 on Nov 14

Folks,
NVC sent my case to Mumbai Consulate on Nov 14.

My completed Packet 3 reached the Mumbai Consulate on Nov 20.

I have called Mumbai Consulate 4 times since , the latest being today but they have still not entered my details and packet 3 in their system.

Looks like oflae, its taking about 25-30 days before the Mumbai consulate enters the case details in their system after receiving them from NVC.

Hi Daffy,

Why are you holding it ? Send it and you have lot more time to react in case of PCC requirement .. there is no official news yest for indian ..

It\'s Christmas yaar

Hello,

The delay in getting interview might be because the entire beaurocracy is celebrating thanksgiving and christmas. i am still hoping for February interview. i can be one of those random and chosen one, where it gets delayed but Mumbai is pretty neat in its management. Chennai has had overloads lately (that\'s why they stopped accepting AC140 as well) and maybe that\'s the reason for delay.

Secondly, to clear things about PCC. I will apply for PCC at Indian consulate in the US. I will also try to get it from Passport office in Worli, Mumbai. I did not check the box for PCC in OF-169. and I think I won\'t be required. my lawyer said that New Delhi handles Kashmir region and hence they are getting stricter. Also ND consulate receives more threats and so they are getting stricter. I don\'t know the exact deal but till Mumbai says something, I am not going to worry too much.

good luck to all Feb-CPers!!

I am in same boat

I also sent my P3 on Nov 16 and NVC sent case detail on Nov 14.. and as of y\'day Mumbai consulate doesn\'t have any case information in their system.

Hoping for feb interview..

No Title

My P3 also reached the consulate on Nov 20. Didnt call as yet to get any info on my case. Can any of u guys tell me what u r doing abt the police certificate. Or should we just wait till we hear anything from the consulate either on their site or by mail?

No Title

My Pkt 3 reached on Nov 17 ..eneterd in their system on 19th.

I called in end Nov ..they said expect a Jan iv date.

Called this morning ..they sais it will be in Feb.

mailed pkt 3 today

Hi

I want to know if i will get my Feb interview. Pkt 3 mailed tody vi courier service.
Hope to get Feb interview

Responses to questions:

It looks like, in case of "wantAgc", it was a borderline case. Normally the cut-off date (unofficial) is 20th of month. with lots of holidays coming, they might take longer time to clear the backlog and so wantAgc is moved to Feb. I still wish you get a jan date when the final dates are announced.

I will get PCC.

My package should be delivered to Mumbai 12/6 or 12/7. so hope to contact them later next week.

wantagc

do not send any mail or fax to consulate requesting early feb interview until their official list for january is displayed. I am thinking if you send the fax,email then even if you are in the jan timing you may be pushed to feb. just wait till dec 15.
Thanks

Called Consulate today

Mine is an ACI140 case.Sent my documents on 29th nov, reached consulate on 3rd Dec (signed by Suresh Patil).Called the consulate today 6th Dec morning, but was told the case has still not been created and should call up next week.

Info

Add a new entrant to the February sweepstakes. Just noticed this site and the thread. I was completely unaware of the PCC issue. Guess aimless surfing does pay off sometimes. Shri Ganesh can you please let us know how you are getting the PCC. For everyones info. my packet reached mumbai on 24 Nov. has not been entered into the system yet.