Porting from EB3 to EB2 retaining priority date

waavman

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My GC labor was filed in EB3 Oct 2002 through employer A. My I140 got approved sometime in 2006. My 485 was applied in 2007 July. In 2008 July I switched from employer A to employer B and invoked AC-21. In 2010 April I switched from employer B to employer C. I have not yet invoked AC-21 for the latest switch from employer A to C.
Based on the current priority dates for EB3 which is May 2002 and the speed at which it is being processed (1 week per month), I am at least 2 years away from getting my GC. I presently have 15 years of work experience.

(1) So my question is would it be possible for me to port my GC from EB3 to EB2 while retaining my current EB3 priority date of Oct 2002 ?

(2) If so what steps would I need to take ?

(3) Once I port from EB3 to EB2, would I get my GC immediately ? If not approximately how long might it take ?

(4) Are there any risks involved in porting from EB3 to EB2 while retaining my current priroity date as opposed to staying with my current EB3 application and waiting it out for the next 2 to 3 more years ?

You answers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks