Poll on "Order of posts within a thread"

What do you think should be the order of a post within a thread?

• Latest post at top of the thread

Votes: 155 54.0%
  • Oldest post at top of the thread

Votes: 126 43.9%
  • Order does not matter

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a thought: Is it possible to keep the original post as the first message? I would probably be interested to see the question/comment posted by the original poster before I read other comments.

latest first

I would prefer latest first too. The idea of getting the first post as the 1st is good. The first post as the first message in the thread or a separate subject area would be real helpful

Latest threads first please.....

I would prefer to have the latest threads at the top. It will definitly save some time in browsing.

Thanks,
Chava

Oldest post first.

Easy to follow top to bottom.

I someone is interested in the latest post only, there should be a facility to go to the last page and look at it. I guess that is available now.

Or give the facility to order the posts to the user.

Oldest first!

Oldest first, please. How can 'latest first' cut down on browsing time when you would have to browse more to find out where it all started???:confused:

Originally posted by operations
Currently, the oldest post is displayed at the top of the thread. Would you like this to be reversed, i.e the latest post/message in a thread will be displayed at the top.

Please post your opinion and we will go with the majority from the poll.

Latest on top will be good !

I don't mind either way. By the way did you guys try that like a week ago. I noticed that the latest post was displaying on my screen first and that confused me a little. But then the first page also contained the latest post, so page one had latest posts and page two had older pages. Is that how it's going to be idf you move to latest first. If yes, I think it will be confusing.