!!!!!!!!!!!police Clearence Certificate - Consulate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iamforcp

Registered Users (C)
The response which I had from Chief passport Officer in New Delhi.

Seems clear that one has to get the PCC from Consulate only

----- Original Message -----
To: SB
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: police clearence certificate

Pl. contact the nearest Embassy/Consulate ,for obtaining the PCC,
for further guidance.
SUPDT(PG)
CPV.DIV.MEA

SB wrote:

Sir I am presently based in USA and working out here on a work visa.

Recently USA has started asking for Police clearance certificate for persons who wish to become immigrants

I had stayed in New Delhi till 1998 before moving to USA.

What is the process to get a Police clearance certificate in New Delhi, India ?

Do I have to submit my original passport at time of application.?

What are the documents required to be submitted along with the application ?

Is Police clearance certificate issued the same day ?

An early response would be appreciated

Thks

No Title

I went this morning to New York Consulate and submitted for PCC applications for me and my wife. You need to fill out Misc form , Fee $11, Passport photocopy and original passport. She gave me a phone number to call about in 30 days. I have some number on out passports that is the reference number for which I need to ask. Then they will tell you that your PCC is ready or not. If it is ready then you can collect it.
There are two options for original passport
1- when you are submitting your Misc form for PCC you can leave your passport with consulate, then whenever your PCC is ready just ask them and collect it in the evening time.
2- If you do not want to give your passport to consulate then take back at the time of submitting Misc form. Then whenever your PCC is ready( You need to call consulate) then you have to go in the morning time in between 9AM-11AM then submit your passport. Then finally you can collect your PCC in the evening with passport.
So basically it is your choice to keep Passport with consulate or not.

I think every body should be fine with this.
Any question please post.
Thanks a lot
Good Luck

PCC At CGNY

I have just come back from CGNY.

I have applied for the PCC.

The lady at the counter said that it takes 30 days.

I did not submit my original Passport.

My wife had her new Passport(Change of name after marriage) issued at CGNY. I have been asked to pick up her PCC in the evening. I submitted her original Passport and need to pick it up in the evening along with the PCC.

natcam. Did your wife have a India issued passport before the name change.

Now with the name change she must have got a new passport issued here. So did they still issue a PCC same day for her.
My wife has the same case. I am waiting for her PCC for 25 more days. If this is the case, I can get her name changed to married name and get PCC issued from here itself. DO they make both new passport and PCC on same day or u need to make 2 trips?

How long back did u get the name changed to married name in US?

ge PCC from INDIA

guys the question that has been asked to Indian pasport office is wrong.

As you never mentioned that you will in India to get that police clearance certificate that is why they said get it from US consulate.

as to get the PCC one has to be phsyical present with the original passport . to get it??

Wife Name Change

Sudhir,

Yes, her old passport was issued at Mumbai. She has a new passport with the Married Name issued by CGNY. We had applied for her name change in March 2001 and they took 2 weeks to issue her the new Passport.

When CGNY issued her the new passport, they cancelled her old passport but she still has to carry her old passport since her visa is on her old passport.

I dont know if they issue the new passport and the PCC on the same day(you need separate application forms) but it is definitely worth a try if your interview is round the corner.

Sudhir - it usually takes a week to get a new passport ffrom CGNY

provided u\'ve an earlier passport from India. for this (like name change) i believe u need to fill the form for new passport, i\'d to do the same for new passport for change of appearance...(for passports issed from CGNY, PCC is one day process)...neway u can call CGNY an ask...hope it helps, Good Luck...

natcam

They will not give PCC for your wife in the evening.
They will ask you to come back after 30 days.

They did this for my wife too. They asked me to come
in the evening but did not issue the PCC for my wife.

Sudhir,
Your PP needs to have expired to be called as issued by CGNY.
So technically you still come under Regional PP office of INDIA
and they send the inquiry to them even though you do change of name.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. But I spoke to CGNY and they confirmed my wifes name change new passport will be issued

I basically have to deposit her passport, mine , marriage cert etc.

I remember when I went for my PCC (passport renewed in CGNY in 2000), the lady asked me when my passport was issued here. I think they want a cooling period before they will issue a PCC from here in 1 day.

SDo If I get a name change for my wife to married name, they might not issue a PCC immediately.

Sudhir read my earlier post.

Yes they will issue the new passport same day for name change.
But although it will state place of issue as NY, they wont issue you PCC in 1 day even after cooling period of several years!
You will still be in the jurisdiction of Regional PP office in INDIA until the (F)inal PP expires and you get a new PP made in NY.

GPV. That makes sense. Thanks. I remember the lady asking me if my wife\'s passport was due to expir

In that case they would have issued a new & renewed one.

yaar the CGNY people are all messed up

my PP expires in sep 2003, got new one this year for change of appearance - this expires on Sep 2003..so tehnically i wasn\'t supposed to get the PCC in a day...the LadyAtTheCounter told me i\'ll get it in a day..i cross checked with her- she asked another guy there and told me to come in the eveing- I told her tosend it by crtified mail-she thrusted back a FedEx envelope...when i insisted on certified mail..she asked the guy again and also confirmed it with the lady at Inquiry Counter...They themselves are not sure of the guidelines :(
Sudhir, if ur working in NYC or nearby..u can try to get the new PP for name change and again got after 2-3 weeks for PCC..Good Luck...
BTW once u\'ve read this stuff, i\'ll delete the looong story...

PCC

Guys,

What GPV said turned out to be true.

Ironically, I knew this before I applied for the PCC because a lady told me on the phone a week back that it would take a month to get the PCC for my wife too.

Today I tried my best explaining the lady at the counter the same thing but she would not listen and she insisted that I submit the Passport issued by CGNY (Original) and I can collect it in the evening.

Now she says that I need to submit my wife\'s old passport too and that it would take 30 days.

These guys at CGNY, they are hopeless.