police clearance certificate from india

ormuscama

Registered Users (C)
My GC interview date in india is april 12th. I still haven\'t got my police certificates. My lawyer didn\'t tell me that i can get one from the indian consulate here until it was too late. My relatives in india are trying to get them.

I came to USA in march 1996. Before that i was in delhi for 3 years. It is from delhi that my passport was issued. Now will it be sufficient if i get the police certificarte from Vasant kunj, DELHI where i was residing and from the regional passport office ?

OR

Will i also need police certificate from all the other places that i have lived in India since age 16 (meerut, hardwar and gorakhpur) ?

If i don\'t get the police certificates in time i am thinking of rescheduling the interview.

Please respond ASAP

thanks all

I know someone who took from RPO & local police station

for Delhi consulate & it was OK for him. But either RPO or Consulate is must.
Never depend on your lawyer\'s office, make your own all document list.

Thanks

sorry if i seek this clarification again and again ...

so are you saying that i do not need police clearance from the places i have lived at before Delhi (which was from 1993 to 1996)??

not if you lived there for less than 6 months each....

Maybe you are OK with only Delhi PCC. check the requirement for PCC. i think it says from all places (doesn\'t say country) where an applicant has resided 6+ months after age 16. But this is the requirement. there are no clear guidelines to address issues like yours. so one must use his/her best judgement and proceed.

on the other hand, I haven\'t seen anybody get so many PCCs from different places...so I guess one is enough. I know many Police Stations don\'t issue their own PCC unless a request comes from RPO. obviously, everyone has only one RPO (in your case Delhi). so as long as you have PCC from your RPO, i don\'t think you should worry about police station\'s clearance.

PCC - some thoughts

Hi,
 You can get the PCC from Indian Consulate at SFO and it is taking 4 weeks now. Other option is since Indian Consulate here in US is sending request to the passport authority at India who issued your passport and getting clearance letter from them and stamping your passport, so you can get the same certificate from the Passport office at India. This should work. But I heard getting PCC directly from the passport office at India also taking 3-5 weeks if your passport was issued before 1998, because only they have computerised only the passports issued after 1998. Please check with them.
Thanks

You don\'t need the previous places

You need a PCC from ONLY from the latest place you have lived in, which would mean Delhi, provided you have been there for \'sufficient\' time. Get it from the RPO, which will ask the local police to check on you and give you a clean chit.
At the same time, the fact that you currently are a resident of US might mean you need to get it from the closest consulate in the USA.

Maybe you can say you are in India for some time, but there are problems. Because, even the Police clearance in Delhi would be based on the \'fact\' that you are living in your Delhi address for some time (the actual period they ask for is 2 years). If you are unable to show that you are in India for sufficient time, even if you show the PCC, logically speaking somebody can put two-and-two together.
The time taken for a PCC from an RPO is around 4 weeks, less if your passport is from the same RPO. I have read in these forums that you can expedite the PCC from consulates in the US by telling them the urgency or something. You might want to check.

PCC from RPO &

PCC is issued from RPO only & it shold be sufficient.

As a precautionary matter you should take certificate from all cities where you lived more then 6 months stating "There is no adverse or criminal record against Mr. xyz as per records of this police station".

This is not a biggie to get, may be a day or two.

Thanks