• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Certificate for United States?

SADK2

Registered Users (C)
I was born in Uganda but left when I was 9 months old. I then lived in the UK until 6 years ago. Now I am in the US.

I obviously don't need a police certificate from Uganda as I was under 16 yrs of age when I left. I am getting one from the UK but what about the US? And if I need one from the US where should I go?

I tried to find the answer to my quesiton by searching the forums but I couldn't find one. Thanks for your help!

I was born in Uganda but left when I was 9 months old. I then lived in the UK until 6 years ago. Now I am in the US.

I obviously don't need a police certificate from Uganda as I was under 16 yrs of age when I left. I am getting one from the UK but what about the US? And if I need one from the US where should I go?

I tried to find the answer to my quesiton by searching the forums but I couldn't find one. Thanks for your help!

Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S.

true I also lived in the US and didn't need to get the police certificate :)
This makes it easier right, good luck

Can I mention my work experience w/h I didn't mention in the DS 230 & DSP122

I am the winner of DV 2010 lottery. I have worked as a "Child Care worker" for about two years. When I filled the DS 230 and DS 122 forms ( question 7 ) , I only stated my previous work experience in my country and I didn't mention my current work experience . I omitted to state my current occupation and work experience. This because I was not sure to get a supporting letter from my current employer.

I have an interview appointment in May 2010.

Can I rewrite or edit my work experience and send the new DS DSP 122 form to the KCC. Or should I tell the omission to the consular officer in the embassy during my interview?

Will the consular officer consider this new information as a fraud because I didn't state in my DS 230 and DSP 122 forms ? or will she/he accept it to me?

Can I fill this information in the new forms which is supposed to be sent to the embassy. Can the information will raise my chance of eligibility by work experience ( i.e. as it stated in DSP 122-question 7 )

What can I do during my interview? How can I now mention my current work experience and occupation?

Please help me.

Yesus. i don't think you need more than you had submitted already. You may make it sound like fraud if you had to present seperate documents from what you have. Look at it this way. How about students who just came fresh from high school and who have no work experience? I don't think your chances of getting a fair interview will depend on your work experience. Good luck.