plz help with valuable suggestions

venki080

Registered Users (C)
My case is as follows,i have a masters from the US.My H1B was rejected after my grace period of opt ended which rendered me to become out of status.But i managed to get an I20 for phd for a doctorol program but the school DSO asked me make a rentry into the USA to get back to status.I reentered into usa (left to canada)on jan 2nd and iam now back into legal F1 status.My question is that if i file for H1b would it be approved with COS(Ie I94 card)because i heard that if u have been out of status for some time then difficult to get COS from within the USA,please gurus share ur views on this .........

thanks
venki

It is not clear, how many days you are out of status.

Try again , if quota is stilla vailable (i think it is over try apr 2006 for 2007 quota). Worst scenario, (you will not get change of status but issued new H1) you have to go out and get your h1 stamped before starting your new job.

venki080 said:
My case is as follows,i have a masters from the US.My H1B was rejected after my grace period of opt ended which rendered me to become out of status.But i managed to get an I20 for phd for a doctorol program but the school DSO asked me make a rentry into the USA to get back to status.I reentered into usa (left to canada)on jan 2nd and iam now back into legal F1 status.My question is that if i file for H1b would it be approved with COS(Ie I94 card)because i heard that if u have been out of status for some time then difficult to get COS from within the USA,please gurus share ur views on this .........

thanks
venki

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks great guru for ur answersw i was out of status for about 2 months,i know even ur not sure but how can i get a definite answer to my questions

I am sure for 2 months out of status per new law you will be procecuted and will be put into jail. Thats want you wanted to know now. Wait till the law get enacted to enjoy the benefit.

venki080 said:
thanks great guru for ur answersw i was out of status for about 2 months,i know even ur not sure but how can i get a definite answer to my questions

I gave the best advise, if you do not want to take it What can I do.

I am telling the truth here, not fun. Your not taking it with seriousness of your situation , that is the reason you are thinking I am making fun.

venki080 said:
plz dont make fun of my situation if u can help me plz do with some good advice

sir,
Iam back into valid F1 status then why wud i be put in jail.i was out of status bcause of reasons beyond my control.i reentered USA with a vakid I20 and iam currently enrolled as a full time student.So do u think inspite of this my COS wuld be denied.Also when i was out of status another company applied for my H1 and it was approved COS because i did not have status at thef applying.now bck into valid F1 can my status be adjusted to H1 by filing for AOS.i want to know ur views regarding this since i know ur good at giving legal aadvices..........sorry for my previous posts too cause i think u mizunderstood my question in short iam back in valid F1 status.

Each INS oficer review application differently. Now you are telling that you are in valid F1 status. OK.

Then COS is not a big deal.

However the officer (your bad luck) dig out your 2 months out of status period, he may verify it and may not issue COS. In this case you will get only new H1.

Non immigration visa no one can give assurance.

venki080 said:
sir,
Iam back into valid F1 status then why wud i be put in jail.i was out of status bcause of reasons beyond my control.i reentered USA with a vakid I20 and iam currently enrolled as a full time student.So do u think inspite of this my COS wuld be denied.Also when i was out of status another company applied for my H1 and it was approved COS because i did not have status at thef applying.now bck into valid F1 can my status be adjusted to H1 by filing for AOS.i want to know ur views regarding this since i know ur good at giving legal aadvices..........sorry for my previous posts too cause i think u mizunderstood my question in short iam back in valid F1 status.

You should prepare to face it.
Apply and see what is happening , you may get COS approved too.

venki080 said:
Sir
Will it be a problem for COS if i apply for future H1 petitions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks a lot for ur suggwestions ,i have consulted a few lawyers myself and iam gettnig mixed opinions only time will tell